Photo

SFGAm Closing Weekend (with Iron Wolf demo and X-Flight Construction)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:13 PM

So since the 17th is the last day of AE Blue riding backwards, and I really wanna do that before they stop, and the 17th is also the first Saturday I have free, I'll be heading to the park that day. Hopefully I can get some pics of the X-Flight construction site as well. I know several of my fellow mid-westerners have expressed interest in a meet-up at SFGAm; would any of yall be able to make this?

This side of eternity is short - make the most of it.

200609_ottfwrcoasters015.jpg

Coaster Count - 155 

#2 Matthew Rydzik

Matthew Rydzik

Server Admin

• Admin
  • 4,992 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

I would love to go, but it is the one weekend I have plans in September. Sorry!

#3 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:05 AM

Its ok, I'll probably be going again in late October.

Coaster Count - 155 

#4 Tyler M

Tyler M

COASTER-net Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:37 AM

I would love to go as always, but because I've spent so much money with Cedar Point this Monday-Wednesday and a Bears game last night there is no way. I would appreciate it if you could give us some updates on the X-Flight site as you said! AE blue backwards seems more amazing than what it did when I rode it back in 2003. Try to grab the front of the train (as in the first part leaving the station so technically the back), it was really cool and surprisingly smooth.
My Top 5 Steel: 1. Maverick 2. The Incredible Hulk 3. Millennium Force 4. Dragon Challenge (Fireball) 5. Diamondback
My Top 5 Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Goliath 3. The Beast 4. American Eagle (Red) 5. American Thunder

#5 steel-Rock

steel-Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:20 PM

I have a big Visa bill because of my last trip there.

I'm sure that you will have fun.

With a new wing rider and no old and painful stand-up, I can see this being on the top of many Six Flag plans
(along with SFOT - Texas Giant and SFGAV - Green Lantern).

NO FEAR !!         Goliath (SFOG) Intimidator Millennium Force Leviathan Griffon

Thunderhead  Lightning Racer  Phoenix  Viper  Prowler

PARK COUNT = 60            BGW  Cedar Point  Kings Dominion  SFGAM  Canada's Wonderland

RIDE COUNT = 380            Newsboys  Switchfoot  Thousand Foot Krutch  Bride  Chevelle

#6 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

So I didn't end up getting to the park until this past weekend, but I figured since this thread was still here I might as well use it. On the plus side of a later visit, I bring you X-Flight construction pics, including a couple shots of the track on site! Matt (CoasteBGW) and I met up at the park around 11:20. Being that it was a rare sunny day in late October, it was rather crowded but we managed to get a good amount done. We started in the back of the park at V2.
Posted Image

The Batman line was already getting long so we moved on towards County Fair.
Posted Image

Lil Dipper was a walk on so we went ahead and did it.
Posted Image

Moving on, we encountered the scariest part of this year's Fight Fest, the ghost coaster.
Posted Image

That's right, Iron Wolf is sadly no more.
Posted Image

Moving on to American Eagle, we got into line just as they were opening up the Red side, so we scored our second walk on of the day!
Posted Image

And now its time for the X-Flight construction update!
Posted Image

Still looks like a lot of dirt.
Posted Image

And here's the backside of dirt!
Posted Image

Coaster Count - 155 

#7 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:16 PM

Moving on, in the spirit of Halloween, we decided to take a beating on the Demon.
Posted Image

Less than an hour after park opening, it already had a line! But provided a great photo op.
Posted Image

Wanted to do Raging Bull but it already had a 2+ hour wait, so we did Terror Twister 2 (GREAT Fright Fest ride!)
Posted Image

After getting plenty dizzy, we gladly waited an hour for Viper.
Posted Image

As all of the lines began to spill into the midway, we occupied our time searching for good pictures.
Posted Image

The train provided us a nice look at all that remains of Iron Wolf.
Posted Image

It looks so sad.
Posted Image

Fun backside shot of Whizzer.
Posted Image

And finally, the moment you've all been waiting for.....
Posted Image

That's right its beautiful new B&M wing coaster track!
Posted Image

Coming in 2012
Posted Image

Thanks SFGAm for a great 2011 season. Can't wait for next year!
Posted Image

Coaster Count - 155 

#8 Tyler M

Tyler M

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:43 AM

Great report! On Friday when I went the SR was closed so maybe it only ran on Saturday and Sunday. When I went up by IW where you can get some great photos by the station, a worker came up to me and told me it was closed. It may be difficult to ride without trains, and entrance, and nothing much but a lift remaining. Really nice photos!
My Top 5 Steel: 1. Maverick 2. The Incredible Hulk 3. Millennium Force 4. Dragon Challenge (Fireball) 5. Diamondback
My Top 5 Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Goliath 3. The Beast 4. American Eagle (Red) 5. American Thunder

#9 Tori Finlay

Tori Finlay

Peta-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:36 PM

Those are some seriously beautiful pictures, Ryan. Kudos. Too bad about all the long lines. Yikes!
Posted Image

#10 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

For those who know the park, by the time we left, the line for Ragin Bull filled all of the queue line and stretched down the midway all the way back to Viper's entrance. Believe it or not, its true.

Oh, and thank you very much Tori. Especially coming from the Best Trip Reporter on the site, that means alot.

Coaster Count - 155 

#11 steel-Rock

steel-Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:06 PM

Don't be said for Iron Wolf. It's not really dead. I hope as it moves east it gets better.

NO FEAR !!         Goliath (SFOG) Intimidator Millennium Force Leviathan Griffon

Thunderhead  Lightning Racer  Phoenix  Viper  Prowler

PARK COUNT = 60            BGW  Cedar Point  Kings Dominion  SFGAM  Canada's Wonderland

RIDE COUNT = 380            Newsboys  Switchfoot  Thousand Foot Krutch  Bride  Chevelle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users