64 replies to this topic

#1 Tyler M

Tyler M

COASTER-net Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:31 PM

Many of us have already seen some concept photos of the new coaster racing to the park next season. The name and other details were officially released today. Here are some key features to the new steel beast:
  • 2 launch segments
  • 16 person trains with lap bars (no shoulder harnesses)
  • It will take form where Big Bad Wolf once stood
  • The estimated ride time is 3 1/2 minutes
  • Special effects including the change of weather and brightness in the indoor part to go along with the "Black Forest" theme
  • 48 inches to ride
  • Zierer designed ride
Sounds really cool to me! I know they have some more intense thrills than this at the park but this will be unique and probably their most heavy special effect ride yet. I'm really looking forward to riding it either next year or in 2013.
My Top 5 Steel: 1. Maverick 2. The Incredible Hulk 3. Millennium Force 4. Dragon Challenge (Fireball) 5. Diamondback
My Top 5 Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Goliath 3. The Beast 4. American Eagle (Red) 5. American Thunder

#2 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:31 PM

Any mention of whether or not this will have any inversions or is this shaping up to be a Th13teen type of "Family Thriller" ride?

This side of eternity is short - make the most of it.

Posted Image

Coaster Count - 124 

#3 Thunderhead

Thunderhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:48 PM

All of the leaked artwork seemed to point to no inversions. It's vital that they replace BBW with a good family coaster.
COASTER-net Troll and Voice of Sarcasm.
@Steven_HokieDT

#4 steel-Rock

steel-Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:06 AM

Tyler, is there anymore written information or a video somewhere ?
All that I have seen so far is talk of "a passholder exclusive event" on screamscape.

NO FEAR !!         Goliath (SFOG) Intimidator Millennium Force Leviathan Griffon

Thunderhead  Lightning Racer  Phoenix  Viper  Prowler

PARK COUNT = 60            BGW  Cedar Point  Kings Dominion  SFGAM  Canada's Wonderland

RIDE COUNT = 380            Newsboys  Switchfoot  Thousand Foot Krutch  Bride  Chevelle

#5 Tyler M

Tyler M

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:40 AM

There is a teaser trailer, I'll have to find that but not an official one of the rider yet. There is an article here but I can't find the other website with the info on it.
My Top 5 Steel: 1. Maverick 2. The Incredible Hulk 3. Millennium Force 4. Dragon Challenge (Fireball) 5. Diamondback
My Top 5 Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Goliath 3. The Beast 4. American Eagle (Red) 5. American Thunder

#6 netdvn

netdvn

Kilo-Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:35 AM

There was a passholder event last Saturday that I attended where the park released a few more details about Verbolten.

The ride was announced as well as a general layout, but no mention of the "world firsts". Those will probably be slowly leaked to the public as construction moves forward, much like Mach Tower's surprises were.

I'm not the biggest fan of the 48 inch height requirement because LNM and Mach Tower are already 48 inch rides and BBW was a 42 inch ride. I'm sure the park already put that into consideration with Verbolten and I hope the height requirement is lowered in the future.

Here's a link to the full HOS/Verbolten announcement.

#7 drachenfirebgw

drachenfirebgw

COASTER-net Insane Member

• Elders
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:08 PM

Track is on-site in the employee parking lot. Also, indoor section will feature a drop track element. It's painted black and is being mounted in place, officially beginning vertical construction. The concept art pictures the track being green, would be an interesting track color to add to BGE's collection. I do also hope the height requirement is lower to 42", though if it isn't it should be a big deal. The general public thinking this will be a big thriller will probably be disappointed. Personally, this is what I wanted, a family thriller that takes the place of the Wolf.

I like the theme, idea, and specs. It fits well from what I can see. I also love how the building enclosing the indoor section is literally half barred in the ground. Reduces its visibility immensely.

2013 Agenda: Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood, and Dollywood's Splash Country.
2014 Agenda: Kings Island, Beech Bend, and Dollywood. 

2015 Agenda Speculation: Carowinds and Holiday World and Splashin' Safari.
Coaster Count: 136 - Griffon Count: 52

#8 Your's Truly

Your's Truly

Kilo-Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:45 AM

OOOO boy! This will be the tallest, and ginormous, and craziest coaster ever!?! :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding, don't hound me! But honestly I am excited in seeing how this ride turns out. I'll definately be there in 2012

--------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: Drop Track Section! Link

Edited by Your's Truly, 10 October 2011 - 12:08 AM.

Geez, 2012...

Skyrush, Flying Turns (hopefully), Verbolten, Stinger,Goliath, Apocalypse, X-Flight, Leviathan, Superman

Ultimate Flight, The Swarm, Wild Eagle, whaever Parc Astérix and Europa Park are naming their coasters...

I'M ATTENDING RECORD STORE DAY on BLACK FRIDAY!!!

#9 Tyler M

Tyler M

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:42 PM

I've been dreaming of a coaster for years that uses free fall technology and now we will probably see this expand to bigger drops. For a family thrill it definitely looks cool!

#10 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the "drop-track" gimmick idea. Granted I've not gotten to ride one so I can't judge from personal experience. Honestly, what I'm looking forward to the most on this ride is the drop down to the Rhine River. It was the iconic BBW moment, and I feel should be a special highlight of this ride as well.

Posted Image

Coaster Count - 124 

#11 Your's Truly

Your's Truly

Kilo-Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

Track inside the "Event Building"

Link

My "paint" of the direction of the track inside the building
(I know it's not perfect, but it's a visual; it's something)
Attached File  New Bitmap Image.bmp   1012.83KB   62 downloads

Edited by Your's Truly, 22 October 2011 - 01:56 PM.

Geez, 2012...

Skyrush, Flying Turns (hopefully), Verbolten, Stinger,Goliath, Apocalypse, X-Flight, Leviathan, Superman

Ultimate Flight, The Swarm, Wild Eagle, whaever Parc Astérix and Europa Park are naming their coasters...

#12 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

Looks great. I'm loving that helix!

Posted Image

Coaster Count - 124 

#13 Coasterholic14

Coasterholic14

• Elders
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

Looks great. I'm loving that helix!

Same here. Pics don't exactly reveal a ton, but from what I can see it looks like it'll be a pretty interesting and disorienting experience. I can only imagine what Busch Gardens is going to do with the ride to theme it...definitely looking forward to more details on the ride, probably near the top of my "must do" list of new rides based on how much I anticipate them and how close they are (or how likely I'll get to go).
Posted Image

#14 steel-Rock

steel-Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:41 PM

This doesn't look like a serious thriller, but I like the helix.
I hope that the drop to the river is soon after that and will be
much like BBW's.

NO FEAR !!         Goliath (SFOG) Intimidator Millennium Force Leviathan Griffon

Thunderhead  Lightning Racer  Phoenix  Viper  Prowler

PARK COUNT = 60            BGW  Cedar Point  Kings Dominion  SFGAM  Canada's Wonderland

RIDE COUNT = 380            Newsboys  Switchfoot  Thousand Foot Krutch  Bride  Chevelle

#15 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

From some pics around various fansites of the trackwork inside the building, its amazing compact and thus nothing big. But I'm expecting it to ride like RotM with lots of fast direction changes and an underbanked track to increase the chaotic feeling while riding in the dark. Even if it only goes 30 in there it will feel like 45.

Posted Image

Coaster Count - 124 

#16 Tyler M

Tyler M

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

^If it's anything like or better than the Mummy, I'm all for it! I absolutely love RotM and indoor coasters in general if they are really thrilling or not. I know my next big vacation (in another 2 years) is out east and it looks like BGW is on my list! I'm excited for actual ride footage. I bet it's a smooth and quiet ride on the tracks.

#17 Thunderhead

Thunderhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:56 AM

From CoasterFusion

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://coasterfusion...97.0#post_12243
COASTER-net Troll and Voice of Sarcasm.
@Steven_HokieDT

#18 drachenfirebgw

drachenfirebgw

COASTER-net Insane Member

• Elders
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:10 AM

The building looked to be pretty big from close up shots, but those are a good indication of how not huge it actually is. Typical indoor roller coaster stuff, with the drop section, which is pretty neat. I'm more interested in seeing the other half. Like Tyler was saying, if you love Revenge of the Mummy or indoor roller coasters of the like you're going to love this. I've said this numerous time, but I love how it isn't a big thriller like Griffon or Apollo's Chariot. It takes the place of the Wolf well, at least so far. This really is a complete transformation of the Oktoberfest section of the section.

2013 Agenda: Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood, and Dollywood's Splash Country.
2014 Agenda: Kings Island, Beech Bend, and Dollywood. 

2015 Agenda Speculation: Carowinds and Holiday World and Splashin' Safari.
Coaster Count: 136 - Griffon Count: 52

#19 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:13 AM

Ok, so by the looks of things it leap up, entering the show building at the highest level, drops down into a hard banking right hand turn on a slight rise,drops to the building floor as it swerves through an s-bend which leads it into that tight 540* which will end it up on a small break run (probably some sort of visual effect here, maybe the tree falling as seen in the promo-vids). Then a sharp dive off the mini-break run (to avoid the falling object) into a swooping down and up U-turn leading to the real MCBR and the section of drop-track.

Personally I was rather hoping for a section of backwards track in there but oh well. Don't get me wrong, I love the layout in there. I feel like they've really maximized the tight space they chose to work with. Hopefully now that the trackwork inside the show building is done, we can see what they're going to do about BBW's old second half. That's the part of this ride I'm really excited to see how they do.

Posted Image

Coaster Count - 124 

#20 Your's Truly

Your's Truly

Kilo-Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:12 AM

....Hopefully now that the trackwork inside the show building is done, we can see what they're going to do about BBW's old second half. That's the part of this ride I'm really excited to see how they do.

Same here. Cant wait to see this change in a few months!
Geez, 2012...

#21 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

Well, it seems like this will pretty much exactly keep to BBW's second half, which I'm very happy about. In other news, I was at walmart the other day and noticed this:
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Coaster Count - 124 

#22 Daniel Westfall

Daniel Westfall

President

• Admin
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

NERF war about to go down at ONU? It defintely does have a striking resemblance, but I doubt that either party will sue the other in this case.

High School and College (Undergraduate) Mathematics Tutor
Book an appointment with me today or get more information by visiting http://mathematicstutoring.weebly.com
We accept PayPal, MasterCard, VISA, Discover and Debit Cards

#23 Nessie

Nessie

Peta-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

Attached File  P1010985.JPG   4.89MB   67 downloads

Took it at Christmastown, forgot to upload it. The building is also up and you can see from the bumber cars, but it's a green box with nothing to really show. Also, that pretty much explains why they didn't remove the footers, though the drop appears to go over the land if that's the case.

Edited by Nessie, 15 January 2012 - 07:13 PM.

Posted Image
Up to 61 coasters, 128 mph and 456 feet

#24 A.S.Coasters

A.S.Coasters

Junior Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

Another angle, and a little more up to date.

Posted Image

#25 The BeastFan

The BeastFan

COASTER-net Supreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:12 AM

I'm loving the black on green color scheme to really play on the dark woods theme. I hope they do a good job with the car theming. I wonder if they'll add the bridge we saw in some of the preview art. Also curious as to how the rest of the layout will pan out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: verbolten, launch, coaster, busch, gardens

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users