• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#1 Matthew Rydzik

Matthew Rydzik

Server Admin

• Admin
  • 4,992 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:22 AM

Six Flags is announcing their 2015 attractions on Thursday.  

Drupal, (the content management system) Six Flags uses, operates by a system of "nodes" which are mapped to URLs.  Knowing this, you can figure out what Six Flags is planning for 2015.  

For example, http://sixflags.com/node/16115 takes you to a page with a rewritten URL of https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/twisted-colossus/overview .  

Knowing that, this is what is coming to Six Flags in 2015.

Over Georgia - Jokers Chaos

White Water - Dive Bomber

Over Texas - Battle for Metropolis

Great America - 40 Seasons

Great Escape - Buccaneer Beach

Magic Mountain - Twisted Colossus

New England - Wicked Cyclone

Great Adventure - Looping Dragon

Fiesta Texas - Batman the Ride

Discovery Kingdom - Dare Devil Chaos

St. Louis - Battle for Metropolis

America - Bourbon Street Fireball

La Ronde - Maison Rouge

Mexico - Sky Screamer

I suspect that the rides at Over Georgia, Great Adventure, Discovery Kingdom and America  are a Giant Loop (http://www.larsonint...giant-loop.html)

As I typically do, I've attached the output to show that all this information is publicly available from their website.  Just go to http://sixflags.com/node/[num] where [num] is the node id, the number above the URL in the output. 

Attached Files

• Attached File  2015.txt   14.18KB   67 downloads

#2 Susan Werkheiser (Swerky)

Susan Werkheiser (Swerky)

Kilo-Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

Hooray for computer know how...Nice Matt!

#3 drachenfirebgw

drachenfirebgw

COASTER-net Insane Member

• Elders
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

I have to say this is the most disappointing set of Six Flags announcements in years.  Just a bunch a Super Loops they are advertising as roller coasters.  I suppose don't take issue with the Super Loops themselves.  I take issue with Six Flags calling them roller coasters.  They can be easily themed though.  Still pretty cheap on Six Flags part.

They have suffered in attendance and finances in recent years, particularly this season numbers are way down.  I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

And the names are just awful.  My two cents.

2013 Agenda: Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood, and Dollywood's Splash Country.
2014 Agenda: Kings Island, Beech Bend, and Dollywood. 

2015 Agenda Speculation: Carowinds and Holiday World and Splashin' Safari.
Coaster Count: 136 - Griffon Count: 52

#4 Danny Miller

Danny Miller

Peta-Coaster Member

• Assistant Admininstrator
  • 715 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

Wicked Cyclone is not bad, but basically a knock off of Wicked Twister. Twisted Colossus is horrid.

Top 5 Steel: Manta - Apollo's ChariotBizarro - Maverick Skyrush
Top 5 Wood: VoyagePhoenixBoulder Dash - Gold Striker - Thunderhead

Park Count: 71
Coaster Count: 399

#5 Tyler M

Tyler M

COASTER-net Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

I have to say this is the most disappointing set of Six Flags announcements in years.  Just a bunch a Super Loops they are advertising as roller coasters.  I suppose don't take issue with the Super Loops themselves.  I take issue with Six Flags calling them roller coasters.  They can be easily themed though.  Still pretty cheap on Six Flags part.

They have suffered in attendance and finances in recent years, particularly this season numbers are way down.  I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

And the names are just awful.  My two cents.

Other than the Super Loops which I have no idea why they're adding, even if they're fairly cheap, I actually like the 2015 projects. I believe the announcements made in 2012 for the 2013 season was mostly new shows, water slides, and relocated rides so I will gladly take these additions over that lineup of announcements. I'm not a fan of the names Wicked Cyclone or Twisted Colossus though, but as long as RMC does a good job on them, I'm happy. :)

My Top 5 Steel: 1. Maverick 2. The Incredible Hulk 3. Millennium Force 4. Dragon Challenge (Fireball) 5. Diamondback
My Top 5 Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Goliath 3. The Beast 4. American Eagle (Red) 5. American Thunder

#6 Andrew Rybarczyk

Andrew Rybarczyk

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

Lets compare:

2013:

SFOT: Kids area expansion

SFA: Ragin Cajun relocation

SFOG: Hurricane Harbor

SFM: Steel Medusa

SFSTL: Tsunami Soaker

SFDK: Tsunami Soaker

SFNE: Skyscreamer

SFGADV: Zumanjaro & waterslide at HH

La Ronde: Demon flat

MM: Kids area w/ kid coaster

SFGAm: Goliath

Fiesta: waterslide

great escape: pendulum ride

Basically what this comes down to is whether of not you like the Larson looping "coasters."  Looking at this list you are getting 3 new coasters opposed to just two last year.  Two high quality dark rides over tsunami soakers for family rides.  Granted the flats were better last year with Zumanjaro and Demon vs the larson clones.  The waterparks pretty much even out.  I dont see how one year is significantly better than the other.  id actually say this year is a bit better, its a lot more homogeneous with the same type of ride but at least each seems to have its own unique identity for the most part with theme. 

Editor in Chief for COASTER-net

Coaster Count: 300

Top 5 Steel: Raptor, Maverick, Sky Rush, Iron Rattler, Millennium Force

Top 5 Wood: Voyage, Outlaw Run, El Toro, Phoenix, Prowler

Top 5 Parks: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure, Worlds of Fun, Busch Gardens Tampa, Knotts Berry Farm

#7 Midgetman82

Midgetman82

Intermediate Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

I think it's not bad. It's great to see that something is being added to virtually every park, and I'd actually be appreciative of it over nothing or a hand-me-down/relocation as well. Having said that, I refuse to click any links until they make an official announcement on them. Three days isn't too hard to wait for, right...? Right?!

"It's not the destination so much as the journey, they say."

-Jack Sparrow || Coaster Count | Water Slide Database

#8 Tyler M

Tyler M

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:43 PM

Lets compare:
2013:
SFOT: Kids area expansion
SFA: Ragin Cajun relocation
SFOG: Hurricane Harbor
SFM: Steel Medusa
SFSTL: Tsunami Soaker
SFDK: Tsunami Soaker
SFNE: Skyscreamer
SFGADV: Zumanjaro & waterslide at HH
La Ronde: Demon flat
MM: Kids area w/ kid coaster
SFGAm: Goliath
Fiesta: waterslide
great escape: pendulum ride

Basically what this comes down to is whether of not you like the Larson looping "coasters."  Looking at this list you are getting 3 new coasters opposed to just two last year.  Two high quality dark rides over tsunami soakers for family rides.  Granted the flats were better last year with Zumanjaro and Demon vs the larson clones.  The waterparks pretty much even out.  I dont see how one year is significantly better than the other.  id actually say this year is a bit better, its a lot more homogeneous with the same type of ride but at least each seems to have its own unique identity for the most part with theme.

I was actually referring to the 2013 new additions, not the 2013 announcements for the 2014 season. Iron Rattler and Full Throttle were really the only two standout rides that year. For 2015, there will be at least 4-5 solid attractions from the 2 RMC Iron Horses, 2 dark rides, and probably whatever SFFT is adding.
My Top 5 Steel: 1. Maverick 2. The Incredible Hulk 3. Millennium Force 4. Dragon Challenge (Fireball) 5. Diamondback
My Top 5 Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Goliath 3. The Beast 4. American Eagle (Red) 5. American Thunder

#9 Andrew Rybarczyk

Andrew Rybarczyk

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

I think it's not bad. It's great to see that something is being added to virtually every park, and I'd actually be appreciative of it over nothing or a hand-me-down/relocation as well. Having said that, I refuse to click any links until they make an official announcement on them. Three days isn't too hard to wait for, right...? Right?!

You won't find much more than names for most parks. All we got was that and really that could all be set up like we were set up at carowinds a few times.

Top 5 Parks: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure, Worlds of Fun, Busch Gardens Tampa, Knotts Berry Farm

#10 mrceagle

mrceagle

Peta-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

The names are horrible might as well used a kindergarten class to pick them.

Wicked is a turn of phrase in New Enlarged. normal used to replace really as in Cyclone is Wicked Awesome. it can also be used for Unbelievable but only a a means of disruption. the drop on Cyclone was Wicked.

Rings of Fire are fun. coaster like but not a coaster. in fact they might disappoint fewer guests by simply marketing it as a thrill ride.  It's not a gad addition to SFOG or America but really not a good fit to SFGAdv. and SFDK has superman which is a similar ride.

I suspect TGE is only getting a rehab. I doubt this is a new attraction.

#11 drachenfirebgw

drachenfirebgw

• Elders
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:44 PM

I guess I'm in the minority when I say I'd rather have new entertainment, food options, parades, overall improvements, and solid flat rides than a bunch of Super Loops.  While I don't mind the Super Loop addition, I just hate that Six Flags is going to play these off as a bunch of roller coasters and like you said, probably disappoint customers.  This seems like a solid flat ride addition, but I'm just not a fan of buying four or five them, slapping new branding on each of them and making them this year's "big, new roller coaster addition". 

The Justice League dark ride does look like a new addition.  Personally I like the 2012 and 2013 announcements better than 2014 but that's probably just me.

On the bright side, we get two RMC's, despite the lack of decent naming.  We'll also get what I'm hoping will be custom addition with Batman the Ride at SFFT.

2013 Agenda: Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood, and Dollywood's Splash Country.

#12 Andrew Rybarczyk

Andrew Rybarczyk

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

I think the super loops are fine for SFA and maybe SFOG.  Dont think its a good choice for SFGAdv although it may fit in their Coney mall section if they are trying to capture that feel.  I dont like it SFDK because it is a lot like Superman with Superman being the superior ride.

Id also like to see better in park improvements made than the addition of just an ok ride. Many SFs need a solid full service dining experience added more than any ride.

#13 Midgetman82

Midgetman82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

A full-on refurbishment for one or two of the parks would be extremely nice. It wouldn't market well, but I bet they'd have some pretty happy customers once they return to a fresh, clean park. Six Flags America can be one. Just go to spots of the park to repaint, rebuild, re-landscape (plant flowers and bushes and fences everywhere), re-fence, etc. 

#14 mrceagle

mrceagle

Peta-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

I guess I'm in the minority when I say I'd rather have new entertainment, food options, parades, overall improvements, and solid flat rides than a bunch of Super Loops.  While I don't mind the Super Loop addition, I just hate that Six Flags is going to play these off as a bunch of roller coasters and like you said, probably disappoint customers.  This seems like a solid flat ride addition, but I'm just not a fan of buying four or five them, slapping new branding on each of them and making them this year's "big, new roller coaster addition". 

The Justice League dark ride does look like a new addition.  Personally I like the 2012 and 2013 announcements better than 2014 but that's probably just me.

On the bright side, we get two RMC's, despite the lack of decent naming.  We'll also get what I'm hoping will be custom addition with Batman the Ride at SFFT.

I have trouble getting past the Super loop as more then a carnival ride. A couple local one still operate them. I think they have their place smaller parks needing something flashy.   but there are so many better Flats out there.  Previous years saw the chain add much better flats.

#15 Dwain Sponseller

Dwain Sponseller

Giga-Coaster Member

• Assistant Admininstrator
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

The Great Escape News Release has been put up already!

The Great Escape to Debut Buccaneer Beach at Splashwater Kingdom in 2015 Area will offer pint-sized pirates fun ways to explore and cool off

LAKE GEORGE, NY — August 28, 2014 — Six Flags Great Escape today announced the addition of the newly renovated Buccaneer Beach in 2015. The restoration and transformation of Noah’s Sprayground, the most popular children’s area in Splashwater Kingdom, will offer children and young families a brand new place to cool off on hot summer days.

The refreshed and re-themed pirate adventure will feature pop jets, splash pads, children’s slides and water elements offering endless water park fun. The expansion to the upper water park will include new pool deck space and increased shaded water park seating. 
Buccaneer Beach is scheduled to open spring 2015 in the center of upper Splashwater Kingdom.
“We are thrilled to rejuvenate this beloved family attraction in Splashwater Kingdom,” said Eric Gilbert, park president, Six Flags Great Escape Resort Properties. “The introduction of Buccaneer Beach is in direct response to our guests’ feedback and will breathe new life into this historic area of our beautiful water park.” 

The Great Escape is also announcing the start of 2015 Season Pass sales with a limited time offer through Labor Day featuring the lowest prices in years on 2015 Passes. From August 28 through September 1, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass with each Pass purchased. Gold Season Passes include admission to The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends. 2015 Season Passes provide unlimited visits any operating day for the rest of 2014 (including park admission to Fright Fest®) and all of 2015.  

Still to come this fall, Six Flags Great Escape’s annual Fright Fest® celebration will take place weekends, October 4 - November 2, and feature the terrifying Ghost Town: Dead in the West scare zone and Nightmare Haunted House, plus extended operating hours including Friday nights beginning October 17.

For more information, visit sixflags.com/greatescape.

For more information about upcoming 2015 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a video highlighting the new rides and attractions, visitwww.sixflags.com/2015news.

#16 Tyler M

Tyler M

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

I have trouble getting past the Super loop as more then a carnival ride. A couple local one still operate them. I think they have their place smaller parks needing something flashy.   but there are so many better Flats out there.  Previous years saw the chain add much better flats.

Exactly how I feel about them. My biggest concern is also the reliability. I've heard models such as the one at Elitch and other parks have experienced frequent downtime.

#17 mrceagle

mrceagle

Peta-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:20 AM

The Great Escape News Release has been put up already!

The Great Escape to Debut Buccaneer Beach at Splashwater Kingdom in 2015 Area will offer pint-sized pirates fun ways to explore and cool off

LAKE GEORGE, NY — August 28, 2014 — Six Flags Great Escape today announced the addition of the newly renovated Buccaneer Beach in 2015. The restoration and transformation of Noah’s Sprayground, the most popular children’s area in Splashwater Kingdom, will offer children and young families a brand new place to cool off on hot summer days.

The refreshed and re-themed pirate adventure will feature pop jets, splash pads, children’s slides and water elements offering endless water park fun. The expansion to the upper water park will include new pool deck space and increased shaded water park seating. 
Buccaneer Beach is scheduled to open spring 2015 in the center of upper Splashwater Kingdom.
“We are thrilled to rejuvenate this beloved family attraction in Splashwater Kingdom,” said Eric Gilbert, park president, Six Flags Great Escape Resort Properties. “The introduction of Buccaneer Beach is in direct response to our guests’ feedback and will breathe new life into this historic area of our beautiful water park.” 

The Great Escape is also announcing the start of 2015 Season Pass sales with a limited time offer through Labor Day featuring the lowest prices in years on 2015 Passes. From August 28 through September 1, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass with each Pass purchased. Gold Season Passes include admission to The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends. 2015 Season Passes provide unlimited visits any operating day for the rest of 2014 (including park admission to Fright Fest®) and all of 2015.  

Still to come this fall, Six Flags Great Escape’s annual Fright Fest® celebration will take place weekends, October 4 - November 2, and feature the terrifying Ghost Town: Dead in the West scare zone and Nightmare Haunted House, plus extended operating hours including Friday nights beginning October 17.

For more information, visit sixflags.com/greatescape.

For more information about upcoming 2015 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a video highlighting the new rides and attractions, visitwww.sixflags.com/2015news.

So nothing special for TGE. after a used ride and a 200K Flying Scooter attraction. they still see nothing.  It;s Bizarro All over ago.

Exactly how I feel about them. My biggest concern is also the reliability. I've heard models such as the one at Elitch and other parks have experienced frequent downtime.

I have also hear a few things about ride down time. but only at Elitch Gardens. haven't early heard much about down time at other installation like Galveston Pleasure Pier.

by concern is capacity, 32 riders on the large version and with load time likely a 3 minute cycle at best. so that's only 640pph.

#18 drachenfirebgw

drachenfirebgw

• Elders
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

I'm watching the entire Six Flags announcement video now.  The corporate cheesiness is killing me.

I know I've brought this up so many times but it bothers me so much that Six Flags is blatantly lying to the general public calling these Super Loops roller coasters.  They even are the word coaster in the names!  The false advertising is so alarming, and has the power to change the industry.  I just can't get behind four Super Loops in one year and calling those major additions, much less roller coasters.  I kind of hope the general public is disappointed and Six Flags learned to never add cheap carnival rides and call them roller coasters when there are so many better alternatives out there. 

These four Super Loops plummet Six Flags in my mind.  They also are a detriment to this years additions as a whole.  The stuck with there traditional model of additions at least.  Two more expansive front-line additions (SFMM and SFNE), one semi-expensive front-line addition (SFFT), some solid mid-level additions (SFSL, LR, SFOT), a Sky Screamer (SFM), a bunch of smaller to medium additions (SFOG, SFGAdv, SFA, SFDK), and some makeovers (TGE and SFGAm this year).

Overall a decent year of additions.  As I've stated before, not as good as previous years, in my opinion, but that's debatable as we've already seen.  The S&S 4D Free Fly and the two RMC's make top of these additions very nice.  The Super Loops are a huge buzz kill.  The dark rides and Sky Screamer are nice too.

Also, am I wrong to think Six Flags went pretty cheap on additions this year financially.  No high cost B&M or Intamin.  Batman the Ride only costs $7 million.  RMC's generally run in the $8-12 million range.  Wicked Cyclone would be on the bottom end of that while Twisted Colossus will be on the top end if not more.  The Sky Screamer costs a little bit.  Not sure on the dark rides.  And Super Loops are cheap carnival rides.  The makeovers are pretty inexpensive also.  Are we seeing the results of a profit downturn and maybe a demand for a higher quality experience?  Attendance has been down at Six Flags parks across the nation this year.

#19 Midgetman82

Midgetman82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

I'm no engineer, but I believe the cost to fabricate steel coasters has gone up in recent years. A $7 million dollar inverted coaster is going to cost far more nowadays.

Furthermore, you can't keep getting upset that Six Flags isn't investing in a major thrill ride for each and every single one of their parks every single year. The company just purchased two RMC's, spending anywhere from $16 million to $24 million for both (maybe more considering one of them technically duels). The addition for a super loop in some of the parks means that they care enough to purchase new rides for their parks instead of just relocating a hand-me-down. The Superloop for Six Flags Over Georgia is probably going to fit in very nicely with the rest of Gotham and the new Tilt-A-Whirl ride they're also getting.

I respect your opinion though, and of course you've got every right to be unhappy with what they've put in. I'm just sort of tired of seeing a park announce something relatively big and people being somehow disappointed by them. This goes double for Holiday World's Thunderbird. I do agree, however, that the superloops don't count as real roller coasters.

#20 drachenfirebgw

drachenfirebgw

• Elders
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

I'm no engineer, but I believe the cost to fabricate steel coasters has gone up in recent years. A $7 million dollar inverted coaster is going to cost far more nowadays.

Furthermore, you can't keep getting upset that Six Flags isn't investing in a major thrill ride for each and every single one of their parks every single year. The company just purchased two RMC's, spending anywhere from $16 million to $24 million for both (maybe more considering one of them technically duels). The addition for a super loop in some of the parks means that they care enough to purchase new rides for their parks instead of just relocating a hand-me-down. The Superloop for Six Flags Over Georgia is probably going to fit in very nicely with the rest of Gotham and the new Tilt-A-Whirl ride they're also getting.

I respect your opinion though, and of course you've got every right to be unhappy with what they've put in. I'm just sort of tired of seeing a park announce something relatively big and people being somehow disappointed by them. This goes double for Holiday World's Thunderbird. I do agree, however, that the superloops don't count as real roller coasters.

Maybe my comments came off the wrong way.  I'm not disappointed at all in the two RMC's.  I'm ecstatic!  RMC's look great and are cost effective.  I'm also not disappointed they aren't installing an expensive B&M or Intamin.  Rather I was making an observation that they aren't.  This coincides with attendance figures being down lately.  I'm not at all disappointed in the top three additions this year (Wicked Cyclone, Twisted Colossus, and Batman the Ride).  What I am disappointed with is Six Flags passing off cheap carnival rides as major, roller coaster, additions.

Also, I'm not upset Six Flags isn't adding a major thrill ride to every one of their parks.  I'm actually a stark opponent of that philosophy.  I love SFGAm's addition.  Three kiddies rides and refreshing to a park that needs some stability after a lot of change.  The dark rides are great additions!  I would much rather have a lineup of family rides than a Full Throttle, just my opinion.

I'm more upset about the Super Loop ordeal.  Six Flags is ripping off the general public with these four Super Loops.  I'd much rather them get a couple family rides or even one family ride.

Also, S&S Power in a recent press release stated a U.S. park had purchased a $7 million S&S 4D Free Fly, the first installation of its kind.  Batman the Ride is that installation.

Also, I'd rather have hand-me-down attractions than carnival rides.  Just my opinion.  I'm actually more on your side of the argument.  I hate that people were upset about the Thunderbird and Fury 325 additions.  It makes no sense.  Like I said, I'd rather see family additions than halfway thought out major additions.  Six Flags purchasing four Super Loops and passing them off as roller coasters really just does damage to this entire new ride campaign in my opinion.

#21 CFGuy

CFGuy

Giga-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

I like the additions. With the recent attendance drop and the chain realizing that they may, once again, be heading towards financial doom with the drop (eventually it'll catch up with the attendance), good marketing and cheaper additions could help in the long run.

While B:TR may only be $7 million, a good/unique ride experience (upgrade from ZacSpins) for that price is great. The RMC's are fairly expensive but both are amazing additions. I think the chain may be trying to restructure itself the next few years to help try to fix the attendance and spending issues. Cedar Fair figured out a great way to do it and even sold off the SoCal waterparks in the process. I think SF could do it with some thinking.

To me, marketing is marketing. They can market them as coasters and believe they are, its in the eye of the owners. Everyone has different opinions on it and I also believe its a far-stretch. Kings Island, Valleyfair & Cedar Point also say their Zamperla Disk O's are coasters (to be fair, Zamperla counts them as coasters). Larson, however, doesn't count Super Loops as coasters but even states they are a "thrill ride".

Posted Image

#22 Midgetman82

Midgetman82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

^^Ah. Well, hopefully the majority of the GP will realize that they're not really roller coasters. To those in marketing and media that will continue to advertise it as such, for shame!

And sorry for thinking you didn't like the new additions. I regretfully read through a few of the comments on a few videos posted of the new rides, and people are ripping on them left and right.

^Unfortunately Larson does market it as a roller coaster, which is probably why Six Flags is running with it. Check the description for it. "The Larson International, Inc. Fire Ball is a compact looping reversing roller coaster." http://www.larsonint...l/fireball.html

#23 CFGuy

CFGuy

Giga-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

^Whoa, new site! Never seen the new one. On the other one they never mentioned the word coaster. I see that has changed. Well then, Six Flags is in agreement haha

Posted Image

#24 Andrew Rybarczyk

Andrew Rybarczyk

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:47 PM

There is a convincing argument for the extended diskos to be called coasters. However to say these loopers are coasters is just wrong. It's my understanding that the train is attached to a permanent ring which then rotates to different programs. To me it contains no elements of what is considered a coaster. I agree that it looks like a coaster from many perspectives but the ride the ride mechanics just don't support the assessment of coaster. I winder if SF pressured Larson into calling them coasters or if the company purposefully re classified them to try to sell more. In any case, just disappointing especially since the parks are calling them their 10th or whatever coaster on twitter.

#25 mrceagle

mrceagle

Peta-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

I think 7 is about fight for the 4D coaster there is not a lot of track there and S&S may have struck a deal to get on added so they can do more the just present the prototype.

Cyclone is likely in the 14 range with Colossus in the 24-30 range.

Dark rides will average out around 8-10

a Tilt a-while is 300K I think the rings are 750. I know I'm right on the tilt

It's not a horrible announcement content while just not very well thought out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users