864 replies to this topic

#26 shotgun_mario

shotgun_mario

Mega-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:21 PM

explain please exactly where you are talking about fitting in a coaster, as we have talked about half a dozen locations.
Posted Image

#27 KingdaKa22

KingdaKa22

Intermediate Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:56 AM

Wait, who talked about fitting a roller coaster? All I said was that I thought they could use one, not that I knew where one would fit.
KINGDA KA ROCKS MY SOCKS OFF!

#28 KingdaKa22

KingdaKa22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:48 PM

Does anyone have any updates on the new ride, and vertical construction yet?

#29 shotgun_mario

shotgun_mario

Mega-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:00 AM

um, yeah. Try checking here.
Posted Image

#30 shotgun_mario

shotgun_mario

Mega-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 01:30 AM

didn't really want to double post, but I'm not sure if an edit will mark the page as being updated (if a mod decides I'm wrong, I understand). Well, looking at how Cedar Point is putting more time and money into what is happening on the mainland as far as employee lodging goes, they could remove the Cedars Employee Hotel, the red building located near the Wildcat. They could also remove the campers village, as there are plenty of camping villages outside of the point and that land is permium real estate for them (perhapse even an additional midway there?)
Posted Image

#31 Guest: Grand Admiral_*

Guest: Grand Admiral_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:34 PM

Cedar Point dosen't need an employee hotel. Just add a rest building. But anyway Blue Streak isn't a very popular ride anymore. Why not remove it and replace it with a new wooden roller coaster. Take ideas from Michigan's Adventure. There should be enough room to build an attraction similar to Shivering Timbers.

#32 shotgun_mario

shotgun_mario

Mega-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:49 PM

As much as I would love to remove blue streak on the grounds that no one rides it anymore and it takes up room, I don't think that they will ever remove it until it rots, and then they will just renovate it. It's the grandfather of the modern Cedar Point, because it stands for the moment in time in which Cedar Point almost became a housing developement, but building that coaster showed that Roose and Legros were building something permanent, really showung that Cedar Point could pull through back into the amusement industy that it nearly dominates today. So, in my opinion, it's going to take some rich snob in 15+ years who will wnat it removed, and make an attempt at it...
Posted Image

#33 GADVFREAK99

GADVFREAK99

Peta-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:28 AM

They should really add a LOG FLUME. Also a Huss Topspin would be nice like Riptide in Valleyfair.
Posted Image

#34 shotgun_mario

shotgun_mario

Mega-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:54 PM

Well, as far as flat rides go...

yea, I would say a suspended topspin one looks pretty neat (check it out
here)

I would also like to check out from them maybe a jump2

They could really use some teacups.

Vekoma's Pandora's Box could really fit in for that 'haunted ride' style I was talking about, as it is customizeable for diffrent riding sesion and such, so no ride is the same...

Maybe a screamin' squirrel?

And some diffrent water rides, or look at updating them a bit.

Other flats that look somewhat fun----

S&S Skyswatter

and somewhere I saw a ultra high condor ride, like 150+ feet. Can't seem to find it... but it looked like quite a thrill.
Posted Image

#35 KingdaKa22

KingdaKa22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:31 PM

I really hope Cedar Point DOESN'T get a SkySwatter, I rode the one at sfne and it hurts your shoulders, your head, and it's just not fun at all. I really hope cedar point doesn't waste their money on a skyswatter.

#36 HuLK

HuLK

COASTER-net Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:18 PM

Id like to see a jump there, but not a top spin. Those also hurt. The 2 or 3 I have been hurt pretty bad, and I wouldnt want to see CP waste there money on that. The Screamin Squirrel I never found fun looking. It looks interesting, but seems like it would also hurt. Also, cp could do a lot better. I would LOVE to see a star flyer added there, that would be amazing! Here is a video Click
Loves God
Loves Wife
Loves Roller Coasters
Loves Life...So should you.
CC-224

#37 Footballteen58

Footballteen58

Giga-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:32 PM

Star Flyers are fricken scary as well as low capacity. I think they could put a HUSS suspended Top Spin in the Wicked Twister Midway. Im not sure where a HUSS Jump2 could fit best.
-Chase

Planned trips for 2008:
Hershey Park
Favorite Park: Busch Gardens Europe
Favorite Coaster: Millennium Force
Coaster Count: 66
Park Count: 14
KD 4, BGE 5, Carowinds 2, USF 1, MBP 2, HP 1, IOA 1, CP 3, Dollywood 1 Family Kingdom 1 SFFT 1 Kemah Boardwalk 1 SFA 1

Posted Image
Yes I am a BGE fanboy. :)

#38 KingdaKa22

KingdaKa22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:34 PM

Some rides that I think would be fun are the booster, condor, disko, downdraft, energy storm, evolutionexperience, galactica, and hard rock.

#39 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

There's a new Mexico?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:43 PM

My suggestion, many beaches here in New Jersey have been placing new sand and such, expanding the beaches big time, why not do that at Cedar Point? Also, take out a few rides in and there, make many rides go between each other like some amusement parks do, and you can fit a lot more. But, I think in a decade or so, Cedar Point is really going to be max out of available land.

#40 Jeff--CPfanatic

Jeff--CPfanatic

Peta-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:28 PM

I hope that they do something quick to get that title back.
Six Flags Magic Mountain is too far away to visit, to say that i've been to the "Coaster Capital of the World."

I also wish they would do something about Mean Streak.
Its either got to go, or do something about the bumps on the bottom of the drops.
That coaster isn't very popular on any given day of the week.
I went and I didn't have to wait to get on last summer.
Although its like, 10 years old.

I also wish that Cedar Point would chill out with Intamin. Sure their coasters are GREAT! but theyre getting monotonous. Maybe some more B&M coasters. I really like those coasters. Faster lines too, which everyone loves!

I really don't think that they should add another wooden out and back, like a "California woodie." Why is it Californian?
They should be investing on something much more thrilling.

I would like to see a dueling and racing coaster there.
Maybe something original like a dueling/racing floorless and inverted coaster from B&M.
That would make everyone go CRAZY!
Has anyone ever thought about a coaster like that?

Cedar Point should expand into Lake Erie, although that lake is SO disgusting.
I hate rowing in it all the time, ew.
Possibly expand out and not let the boats go near the supports.

Thats what I think they should do, possibly, maybe.

Being a Cedar Point fanatic myself, I must say, you didn't take some things into consideration before you made this post. Yes, Mean Streak is very bumpy, but that's what wooden coasters are supposed to be like. B) They wouldn't be any fun if they were as smooth as silk, like steel coasters. Cedar Point does have a lot of Intamins, and they're getting another, but I don't think a B&M is going to fit on the peninsula, whereas any large coaster wouldn't fit. I concur on your statement about B&M lines moving faster. Sure, Raptor and Mantis have quick lines, but Top Thrill Dragster's line is faster, and Millennium Force's line almost NEVER stops moving! ;) Going back to the spacial issue, a dueling-racing coaster would not fit anywhere in the park unless several rides were removed, which definitley would not be something popular with park guests. We're talking Cedar Point here, not the old "Six Flags-remove-a-whole-section-of-the-park-for-a-major-coaster theory." (Even though this doesn't happen anymore, but it used to.) And just to let you know, inverted coasters are already floorless. :P Expanding into Lake Erie is a new idea, but it would be quite costly, and difficult to get permission to do.

Yes, I'm aware of a tidbit of fanboyism above, but why get into discussions about the future, when still no one has a clue what's coming for 2007, besides that it's an Intamin?!

My suggestion, many beaches here in New Jersey have been placing new sand and such, expanding the beaches big time, why not do that at Cedar Point? Also, take out a few rides in and there, make many rides go between each other like some amusement parks do, and you can fit a lot more.

This is a good idea, but I think it could be somewhat expensive. But who knows?! Cedar Point might have money to spare to do either of what people have mentioned.
Coaster Count: 39 Park Count: 4

#41 KingdaKa22

KingdaKa22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:57 PM

Wait, were you being sarcastic when you said that Millennium Forces line never stops moving, I was a little confused. Also, the idea to extend into the lake is a good idea, but seems like it might be "disruptive to the natural beauty of lake erie" and would be a huge hassle to get the permits to do it. Also, does anyone know if they own any land off the peninsula, because they could move their parking lot to before the peninsula, and could use a tram system to get to the park, that would open up a lot of good area. I don't know, just seems like it would work. Also, if they don't own any land before the peninsula, I am sure they could afford to buy some.

#42 The BeastFan

The BeastFan

COASTER-net Supreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:58 PM

If you really want to see an eye sore on Lake Erie, just visit one of the dozens of ports around the entire lake. Comparitively speaking, Cedar Point would look nice even if there was a coaster build into the lake. One idea I've heard, although it would be as costly as building over the lake, is to get a coaster with an underwater tunnel. I do think that the parking lot could move farther inland, sort of what WDW does with Magic Kingdom. Also, CP does own land farther inland, for they have a lot of their hotels there.

#43 shotgun_mario

shotgun_mario

Mega-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:10 PM

has any coaster ever gone underwater? I am not sure that that would really work, let alone getting it allowed and such. Let the japanese build the first underwater coaster (if it already hasn't been done). They like doing crazy stuff like that.

I would say a coaster 'patially' over the lake, or near the edge, but I don't tjhink the majority of it would fly. There's also the coast guard out there, and the water around the area would half to be blocked off from swimmers, boaters, ect.

The parking moved to the mainland would work, however, they then must fill up the old parking lot rather quickly, as it would be a major eyesore. It could be very pricy to build about 1/3 the size of the park, and to be sure it doesn't look like a six flags park...
Posted Image

#44 Guest: Grand Admiral_*

Guest: Grand Admiral_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:31 PM

An underwater roller coaster? If it were to be built it would be in Lake Eerie... probably not, perhaps in a man made lagoon. Of course it should be LIM launched and themed to anything that has to do with water. Such as whirlpools, ships, or waves.

#45 KingdaKa22

KingdaKa22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:49 AM

Do you mean a coaster with an underwater tunnel, because if you are, there is one in Japan already, obviously. Do you think they could cut off pieces of the parking lot, and build, then cut up more for whatever they need, and so on and so forth until it is all on the mainland?

#46 shotgun_mario

shotgun_mario

Mega-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:44 PM

that would be possible to do in sections of the park, but then they would need to rebuild the entrance every few years. Unless of cource they put the entrance at the mainland and did a monorail system of some sort, but hten you would still have an empty parking lot as no one but employees could drive there cars up! (believe it or not there is a second road to the pinnensula, however it is not connected to the parking lot as of now.

see here
Posted Image

#47 Jeff--CPfanatic

Jeff--CPfanatic

Peta-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:42 PM

Wait, were you being sarcastic when you said that Millennium Forces line never stops moving, I was a little confused.

No, I wasn't. I was being honest. When I visited Cedar Point about a week and a half ago, Millennium Force's line was always moving. Maybe I just got lucky, but they do have a great running program for it. I think all major coasters should have loading and unloading stations. Getting back on topic, an underwater coaster would be quite unreasonable, even though it is yet another creative idea. For starters, an underwater coaster would be expensive and difficult to get permission for. Also, there would have to be regulations or something so that it was deep enough so any type of boat wouldn't hit it. I'm sure however Cedar Point will expand in the future, it will be in a way that works all around.
Coaster Count: 39 Park Count: 4

#48 KingdaKa22

KingdaKa22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 12:12 PM

Oh, okay, I thought you were because you put the little winking guy next to it which usually means you weren't being serious.

#49 shotgun_mario

shotgun_mario

Mega-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 02:41 PM

well, if I remember correctly, Mr. Kinzel said that they have employees who have come up with very creative ways of moving rides around and building/ taking things out, that they have plenty of room to grow for the years to come. I'm not exactly sure of what he could mean of 'plenty of room', but I do know that I will trust them to come up with the ways around it, so long as the park remains nice looking, no ride stacking and that they leave plenty of trees grass and flowers. And don't touch too much of the beach!

EDIT--------

Yes, as I was at CP also, the line for MF is always moving. I don;'t think I stood still for more than 20 seconds. It's not quite as good on TTD, however, I was still surprised that without the rain delay it would have been less than an hour wait, going through all of the line too.
Posted Image

#50 KingdaKa22

KingdaKa22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 12:08 PM

Oh, well that's good! Well, I really believe that the Cedar Point administration will be able to find ways to make room. If they move stuff around I'm sure they will be able to find plenty of room.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cedar Point, Gatekeeper, 2013, B&M, Wing Rider

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)