Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

I'm also strongly considering going.

#827 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

So Tony Clark at Winter Chill Out said that something very big is coming 2015 for CP. Let the speculation begin!

Editor in Chief for COASTER-net
Coaster Count: 232
Top 5 Steel: Raptor, Maverick, Iron Rattler, Banshee, Magnum
Top 5 Wood: Voyage, Outlaw Run, Prowler, Shivering Timbers, Ghostrider
Top 5 Parks: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure, Worlds of Fun, Busch Gardens Tampa, Knotts Berry Farm

#828 Waterparker

Waterparker

Giga-Coaster Member

• COASTER-net Staff
  • 397 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:54 PM

I would believe that we could get a indoor attraction like CWL is getting in 2014, many Cedar Point enthusiasts, and the general public have been banking on such an addition with GateKeeper and with the latest additions with the flats. 

#829 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

Actually I have a different theory:

The story that we know thus far says that GateKeeper was unplanned before Matt Ouimet took over CF.  As referenced in From Dreams to Screams: GateKeeper, Matt told his people to go find a revolutionary ride for 2013 (LINK at 2:56 mark).  We know that GateKeeper came from this and was the first coaster since 2007.  So if it was unplanned does that mean that another coaster was planned to be released later...maybe 2015?  We know that CP plans out their rides well in advance and it would seem that they would HAVE to have an idea of what was being put in.  If GateKeeper was never planned, it stands to reason that maybe they were planning a longer wait for coaster lovers and 2015 was the actual year something big was planned.

This thought entered my mind because Tony Clark heavily implied something big was happening next year.  Could it be a dark ride?  Sure I guess, but there was another awkward part of the presentation that he gave today.  A slide which read "Coasters are in our D-N-A."  no real explanation was given as to why it was added, but something interesting happens when you start looking at the letters.  D=4, N=4+1, A=1.   Hmmm...that gives us 451.  Maybe a 451 full circuit coaster is in the works? Maybe those letter add up to something else such as track length?  The possibilities seem very intriguing.  

Maybe it means something completely different, but it seems to me if what we know is true, we could be looking at something truly gigantic or historic that goes into CP next year.

Top 5 Parks: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure, Worlds of Fun, Busch Gardens Tampa, Knotts Berry Farm

#830 CFGuy

CFGuy

Giga-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

^Not saying that anything is wrong with that theory, but I think everyone may be reading a bit far into that DNA theory (doesn't matter to me though because all these theories make it all more fun).

I believe the DNA slide simply means that there will be coasters in the future. We know that the Five-Year plan is in place, but we know that can also change (as you have pointed out above). The next 5 Years (starting in 2015) will see the park in its pre-celebration for a milestone. The park turns 145 next year, beginning that celebration with a coaster wouldn't be bad. Then you have the lead up to 2020 which will be the parks 150th (I'm more than positive we'll see a big one that year). We just know that some huge attractions are on the way :)

The coasters are in our DNA part could be a run back at getting the title. It may be easier said than done. But remember, they are counting "Pipe Scream" as a rollercoaster. Therefore, the count sits at 17. If one was built next year, that'd be 18. However, that literally means we'd see three years in a row with new coasters. It could be a dark ride just like up at Canada's Wonderland (which may also end up being counted as a coaster in the end due to some parts of the ride) but with more of a coaster part? Or maybe, seeing as the family focus was this year, we switch back to thrill next year with a giant flat or coaster and then the dark ride comes in 2016. That's all up in the air.

Looking right into 2014 (and I know some of this may be re-caps, but there is just a lot of good coming into the park for next year), we know that-
-"Pipe Scream" will open on the new Gemini Midway and be the parks 17th Rollercoaster. It will have a 42 inch minimum height requirement (48 to ride alone). The ride is built by Zamperla.
-"Lake Erie Eagles" will open adjacent to Gemini and near "Pipe Scream". It will have a 36 inch minimum height requirement (46 to ride alone). The ride is built by Larson International.
-"SlingShot" will open near Gemini further on down the Gemini Midway. At 360 feet tall, it will be one of the tallest rides of its kind in the world (just 30 feet shy of the record). The ride is built by Funtime (guess the WindSeeker fallout didn't last too long). No price has been set yet.
-Jr. Gemini being renamed "Wilderness Run", repainted green and its entrance moved to Camp Snoopy.

-Frog Hopper being moved to Camp Snoopy and renamed "Woodstock's Air Mail"

-Chickie & Pete's Crab House & Sports Bar replacing the Game Day Grille
-Old Gemini Arcade Building to be replaced with Coke Freestyle machine & a Yogurt Plus

-As part of the Gemini Midway enhancements (bye bye blacktop), the midway will see new speakers and lights stringed overhead to create a new atmosphere compared to the past.
-Cinnabon replacing Subway by Soak City
-Auntie Anne's going in near Cinnabot in Challenge Park as well.

-Full-Service Starbucks taking over Donut Time.

-Gemini is getting new flood lights

-Monster is being completely repainted with a new design and will also get a new logo.

-After both rides faced non-full seasons last year, "Skyhawk" will reopen with BOTH sides when the park opens. "Shoot the Rapids" will reopen as soon as the weather allows it to.

-More will be added to Lighthouse Point

-Camper Village may see some changes

-Breakers Hotel will open with Phase 1 of the renovation complete.

-GateKeeper will be on regular FastLane and not FastLane Plus for 2014. The two rides on FastLane Plus will be Top Thrill Dragster & Maverick.

-Not for the guest point of view, but the employee cafeteria will face a remodel. In addition, new employee dorms are being built to replace the ones torn down.

On a bit of a sad note for those with kids that just hit the 46 inch mark, Iron Dragon will now have a 48 inch height requirement.

Looking into the future, there are some interesting rumors going around. 

-Sandcastle Suites may see a renovation following Breakers.

-Within the next few years, Challenge Park, which served as a night thing and extra for resort guests, may go away (much like Valleyfair's has). "SlingShot" may show that upcharge attractions within the park may do better. Rumor has it that existing attractions worth saving (Skyscraper, RipCord etc..) may be moved to elsewhere near the park (SkyScraper can move just about anywhere) but RipCord would have to really be thought up...but somewhere near the lake wouldn't be bad. Challenge Racing & Challenge Golf may disappear or new ones will be built elsewhere at a later point.

-With Challenge Park out of the way, Soak City would expand into most of the new space. Other parts of it, including buildings that were recently torn down, will become parts of the amusement park.

-The Cedars will be the next to go.

-Luminosity is in its final year of its contract. It is unknown if it will be renewed or if a new show will replace it for 2015.

-A wooden coaster may find its way back to the park soon. It is unclear if it will feature inversions or who will build it.

-The area behind Blue Streak & Raptor may see a new coaster. Many speculate this could be a Dive Machine from Bolliger & Mabillard. This would mean Calypso would have to be moved and Turnpike Cars may go away (if not moved elsewhere as well).

Just rumors for fun speculation I guess.

Edited by CFGuy, 26 February 2014 - 08:49 PM.

Posted Image

#831 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

Just to piggy back what you said with some thoughts:
1. Tony Clark openly acknowledged the discontent with Luminosity and also said this year will feature more music choices and combinations that all can enjoy.
2. Interesting rumors to the Challenge Park stuff that I hadn't heard and could present some opportunities that I hadn't thought of before

For the 2015 speculation:
Let me first start by saying that TC said that this years offseason tour doubled the attendance of last years and that next year it will triple (not sure if we are using 2013 as base year or this year). He made the strong implication that we should not even consider not returning next year. To me that screams coaster. A dark ride is fun but would it bring out people in droves? I thought of the much rumored boardwalk and came to the same conclusion. I also think that if truly is going to be huge, construction may start before the usual August reveals.

You also bring up good points with the Big anniversary coming up as well. I think that this may be one of the most exciting times to be a CP Fanboy and I'm looking forward to what is going to be revealed over the next few years.

#832 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

A few other thoughts came to my mind today.  2020 will be the 150th anniversary of Cedar Point.  I belive something big will happen then.  What if the next few years are building to that achievement?  The 20th coaster being built in 2020 sounds pretty cool and would also explain why the park is pushing Pipe Scream as a coaster.

#833 Caine Donis

Caine Donis

Intermediate Coaster Member

• COASTER-net Staff
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

All I know is I'm looking foreword to everything that's coming up.

#834 CFGuy

CFGuy

Giga-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

A few other thoughts came to my mind today.  2020 will be the 150th anniversary of Cedar Point.  I belive something big will happen then.  What if the next few years are building to that achievement?  The 20th coaster being built in 2020 sounds pretty cool and would also explain why the park is pushing Pipe Scream as a coaster.

That's exactly what I said in the post above haha :p.

At any rate, it'll be exciting over the next 5 years. With Cedar Fair continuing to strengthen as a chain again, we'll see some nice additions at all the parks.

Going beyond that, we do know that Cedar Point will be hosting a "Winter Chill Out" tour again next year and that no one will want to miss it because of what the tour will entail...a tour of the new attraction area. In all honesty, we know that a Dark Ride will more than likely end up at Cedar Point in the near future with a target market of families. This all depends on how the reviews of "Wonder Mountain's Guardian" goes over (and the attraction programming changes from year to year). It is stated that WMG could end up counting as a rollercoaster (still pending). It is stated the ending may contain a rollercoaster ending. 

So I see that coming in over the next two years...maybe not for 2015 as family was the focus for 2014, but either 2015 or 2016 and it could be the 18th coaster. It will fill the nice "dark ride" void left by the departure of "Disaster Transport" and it could also open up the door of the "dark rollercoaster".

Other options I can see in the future bring me back to behind Raptor & Blue Streak. The Midway by the theater and the Blue Streak Midway could easily be connected with the removal of the Turnpike Cars. Depending on the layout, Cadillac Cars could be kept and a nice B&M Dive Machine could fit back there (probably claiming the record for the model like all of the previous CP B&Ms). 

There is that rumor about Challenge Park being on the way out. If that were the case, I would count on seeing Challenge Golf & Challenge Racing go bye-bye. Challenge Golf could easily be added somewhere in the park at a later date. Challenge Racing could go into Turnpike Cars' old spot, but I am pretty positive we'll see a coaster back there eventually. Needless to say, the upcharges in Challenge Park would do better in higher trafficked areas of the park, so that is why it is more than likely on the way out (that along with decreased ridership). If SlingShot does good in the location it is going in, then the deal is sealed. SkyScraper could easily be moved anywhere within the park. I just figured that the park could expand into one side and Soak City on the other. Doing this would allow Soak City to continue to grow as well as offer more room for the park. I figured RipCord could just stay in its present location but then discussion began about how Carowinds is moving their Skycoaster. From there, I imagined it being on the beach. Via a discussion on another site (PointBuzz), Rcoaster10 went ahead and put together a photo of RipCord being located between WindSeeker & Wicked Twister. Man, what a view that would be! In the same photo, he threw in a Wild Mouse coaster (a la Coast Rider) near RipCord to show they could fit. This move would open up the Challenge Park area completely and give the park another rollercoaster...one that could fill the family void left by "WildCat" (but either more so here as the height requirement will be less). http://s15.postimg.o...rd_on_beach.jpg

For 2020, the big rumor is that the "Tallest Coaster" record will be claimed again, This is going along with people quoting the "DNA" quote. When thinking of DNA, everyone thinks of intertwined helices, which makes everyone think of Polercoasters. It wouldn't be the fastest, but it could be the tallest, as well as one of the tallest amusement structures (what ever happened to that one that was supposed to be built in Orlando anyway?). At any rate, putting an Observation Deck, maybe a restaurant and a rollercoaster running down it would be awesome. It would fill the observation tower void left by Space Spiral.

Just some thoughts. Obviously there are so many rumors going around and there are endless possibilities. But that's what makes it all fun. If it is a coaster or the dark ride coming in next year, then we'll see signs of preparations soon enough,

Posted Image

#835 Mean Streak

Mean Streak

Kilo-Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

my 2015 theory for Cedar Point is
-more fastlane options

-A new show

-some renovations in the park.

Check out my Cedar Fair Parks fan page on facebook and twitter

https://www.facebook.../CedarFairParks

https://twitter.com/CedarFairNews

#836 CFGuy

CFGuy

Giga-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

my 2015 theory for Cedar Point is
-more fastlane options

-A new show

-some renovations in the park.

#1- Whatever is built next year (ride wise) will more than likely be on the FastLane list.

#2-New shows usually come in annually (at least one or two new ones). Remember that this is the last year for the Luminosity show. It has been changed big time for this operating season but an entirely new show may come in next year if the contract isn't renewed. It honestly is a very good concept so I hope this year goes over more favorably.

#3-That usually goes hand-in-hand with the ride installations as of late (GateKeeper, Gemini Midway etc...)

You have to remember that Tony Clark said during this year's tour that next year's tour "won't want to be missed". That immediately leads everyone into thinking that it will be a major attraction, whatever is built. Then there was the "Coasters are in our DNA" quote. There are two things that are really being talked about for next year. A dark ride or a coaster of some sort. We know a dark ride will be going in to another CF park for 2015, the location is just unknown presently. Many are predicting Cedar Point or Knotts. WMG may end up being a coaster, so this would would fit the DNA quote. As for the tour next year, it would be awesome for people to go "into the depths" of the dark ride while it was still being built.

Put both of those quotes together and you may end up looking at a major coaster going in somewhere (bets would be to open up the Blue Streak area as it is kind of shut off from the rest of the park and somewhat confusing to get back there if you aren't a park regular). The park has been reviving one area at a time as of late. WindSeeker reminded people that there were other things to do on the Twister/Oceana Midway. GateKeeper also helped that midway. Celebration Plaza became a part of the upper half of the Main Midway and now the Gemini Midway (though frequently walked through) will get a change that will do well for it.

For 2014, the rides that were added were focused on families. So, if a ride is built next year, it would make sense for it to be a thrill ride (a la a B&M coaster again). BUT, the park emphasizes families a lot now too. Therefore, it could end up being that dark ride/coaster or maybe a family coaster (though that wouldn't make next years tour so "exciting" necessarily). There are lots of "killing two birds with one stone" options.

I am fairly certain that next year may be a larger coaster if it isn't the dark ride. Cedar Fair is riding high with how the chain is performing right now and 2014 will, hopefully, prove to be even better. GateKeeper gave Cedar Point the most attended opening day in the parks history, increased the parks attendance across the board, was a record breaking coaster and, in terms of ridership, was the parks most popular coaster of 2013 (2.1 million riders). Coming off of the success of that, it can be seen that, even with a new coaster going in, the popularity may maintain itself for this ride. 

So, riding off of that success to build another high capacity thrilling coaster from the same manufacturer may make sense.

However, Pipe Scream is being counted as a coaster and this would mean three consecutive years of new coasters (though Pipe Scream is a family ride and a fraction of the cost compared to the big coasters).

Who knows I guess....but we do know that these will be an exciting few years for us all.

Posted Image

#837 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

They are laying it on pretty thick this offseason:
https://www.cedarpoi...ighthouse-point

If you look at the top picture you can see the new layout. Obviously that oft rumored new midway is completely killed by this plan. However I could still see a coaster finding its way into what's left of the RV section. It's really the only reason why I see keeping the RV section as little as it is for now.

As for Lighthouse Point itself, I'm a bit surprised by the choice. Of the hotels it seems like the weakest of the concepts and I've heard mixed reviews on whether it's worth the even more inflated price.

#838 CFGuy

CFGuy

Giga-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

^I couldn't ask for it any better way. There is a lot of focus going into the Ohio properties this year (and over all the properties since Ouimet took over). They really want to make the properties multi-day destinations.

Remember, over $100 million is being spent among all the Ohio properties from 2014-2016. A small fraction of it will go to Wildwater Kingdom, the rest will be split among Cedar Point/Soak City, Kings Island and the resorts.

As for the rumored midway, I never bought into that. I knew the Camping Area wouldn't be leaving. There are actually usually many campers back there and it is also the cheapest resort option (well, when you don't add in gas and such). I'm sure the campers will like it even MORE now that WiFi will also be included. Essentially, this just merged Camper Village & Lighthouse Point together under one name. It'll just be harder to reserve a camping spot. People will have to book further in advance now.

As for Lighthouse Points, it did get weak reviews and many cabins need a remodel (I'm sure this isn't too far up the road). However, it is still very popular. Maybe not as popular as say Breakers or anything, but still popular. These new Deluxe Cabins are a way to entice more people to come. Its actually not too bad of a deal. There's lots included in the new deluxe cabin (just buy stuff at Meijer and grill out for dinner). Say 8 people stayed for two nights and two days at the park...it'd be (roughly) $154 per person including tickets to the park. The options at the regular cabins aren't bad either but I think the deluxe definitely offers more and would not be surprised to see many of them booked. Anyone wanting to stay there may want to book soon.

This might not be it for 2014. Look at the rendering in the release (and here-http://www.themepark...lhp_banner3.jpg) Near Zoom Flume there seems to be a replacement for the one kids area that is there (Splash Zone). Looks like it may be a Bowl Slide of some sort from ProSlide. It could just be a crude rendering, but it's a possibility.

Posted Image

#839 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

Heres a bit more on another new feature: The All day Dining Deal

https://www.cedarpoi...ory/Meal-Deals#

It seems as if you can use it as many times as you want during the day but have to take a 90 minute cooldown between uses.  Some people are speculating that on some days youd be able to use it 9 times if you time it right.  ive been waiting for something like this and hope that it will become an add on at some point to the seaon pass like SF has done with their season dining deal.  Im also interested to see what types of food/restaurants will be offered on the plan

#840 CFGuy

CFGuy

Giga-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

^That may be coming in the future (just like the season pass perks may eventually make their way back as well)

The following restaurants are included-
-Lakeside Express

-Pinks (which I think is amazing!)

-Corral

-Coasters

-Roundup

-Gristmill Refreshments

-Dragons Inn (usually get the chicken tenders basket here)

Posted Image

#841 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

Having Pinks on the list totally makes it worth it!

#842 mrceagle

mrceagle

Tera-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:54 PM

I'm glad to see the property get new cabins and more overnight spots but the price is way too high. I could stay at Camp Sandusky 10 minutes away in a cabin for $65-$110.  There is also a local KOA but I'm not sure of the prices.if anything like others i have used much cheaper then $180

#843 Steven Linn

Steven Linn

Kilo-Coaster Member

• COASTER-net Staff
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

I can't see a coaster or anything coming to CP in 2015.  It just wouldn't make sense to get a new one at this time with Gatekeeper being so fresh.  The fact that Tony said that the  off season tour leading into the 2015 season will be something that you want to be sure to attend makes me think that something big is coming.  

The only other BIG thing that I can see doing other than a coaster is some sort of dark ride.  

#844 Daniel Westfall

Daniel Westfall

President

• Admin
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

A dark ride probably wouldn't attract 3x as many people though which is a figure he gave in his expectation of how many people would be there next time.  He said this year was double last year (2013) and he expected 2015's attendance to be triple the 2014 attendance because everyone was going to want to see what big thing they were up to.

I don't see a dark ride being that exciting, but I've been wrong before.

High School and College (Undergraduate) Mathematics Tutor
Book an appointment with me today or get more information by visiting http://mathematicstutoring.weebly.com
We accept PayPal, MasterCard, VISA, Discover and Debit Cards

#845 CFGuy

CFGuy

Giga-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

^^Its either a coaster or a dark ride or a mixture of both.

The chain, according to the most recent quarterly results, is pulling in a strong cash flow and the trend (so to speak) is continuing to climb. That's why you see an increase in investments chain wide. For this reason, a coaster can't just be written off. Millennium Force was still performing very well when Wicked Twister opened and WT was immediately followed by Top Thrill Dragster (only three years after Millennium Force opened. That was still pretty fresh at the time).

Technically, Pipe Scream is a coaster according to the manufacturer and the park (therefore, two coasters in back-to-back years thus far). Wonder Mountain Guardian may end up counting as a coaster (that finale is being tight locked right now). So next year could be a mix of both at CP. Going behind the scenes of a dark ride under construction could be pretty fun. It could be a throwback to the Pirate Ride or something Western related back in Frontiertown. 

Posted Image

#846 Daniel Westfall

Daniel Westfall

President

• Admin
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

So, the thing with dark rides is they usually don't look very impressive in the light, and they want to keep the effects that go on inside of them a secret (usually making sure no one takes any photos or video inside the dark areas).  How does that fit with an off-season tour where everyone wants to take pictures?  It really doesn't.  Again, I could be wrong, but I don't think that people would be as willing to come if they weren't allowed to take photos or if they had to try to take photos with the lights out (which would be terrible).

It may interest or excite people, but it would be terrible to try to photograph.

High School and College (Undergraduate) Mathematics Tutor
Book an appointment with me today or get more information by visiting http://mathematicstutoring.weebly.com
We accept PayPal, MasterCard, VISA, Discover and Debit Cards

#847 CoasterRoyalty

CoasterRoyalty

Mega-Coaster Member

• Admin
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

Take out STR and put a dark ride there!  I know that isn't happening but one can dream

#848 Steven Linn

Steven Linn

Kilo-Coaster Member

• COASTER-net Staff
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

Even if it was a dark ride, we wouldn't be able to even go into the building to take pictures while it was still under construction.  On that same note, one of the main things we saw on an off season tour was the inside of Disaster Transport.  That's sort of considered a dark ride... just without all of the effects.   When we went in the building, it was nothing but junk laying on the ground along with some remains of Avalanche Run painted supports.

#849 vogelr3359

vogelr3359

Intermediate Coaster Member

• Junior Staff
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

Heres a bit more on another new feature: The All day Dining Deal

https://www.cedarpoi...ory/Meal-Deals#

It seems as if you can use it as many times as you want during the day but have to take a 90 minute cooldown between uses.  Some people are speculating that on some days youd be able to use it 9 times if you time it right.  ive been waiting for something like this and hope that it will become an add on at some point to the seaon pass like SF has done with their season dining deal.  Im also interested to see what types of food/restaurants will be offered on the plan

This has me very excited for the 2014 season. Universal Studios used to do this and it was always a highlight of my trips there. They changed it this year and it is stupid:( So i am happy to see the point getting it.

#850 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

Cedar Points announcement today:

Attached File  ff_02 (1).jpg   81.48KB   0 downloads

YET ANOTHER REASON TO “RAWR” IN THE PARK!

SANDUSKY, Ohio (April 1, 2014) - Cedar Point, voted the "Best Amusement Park in the World," today announced yet another park expansion for the 2014 season. Animals from mild to wild will roam the midways in the new FrOnTiER FaRm, located along the Frontier Trail.

Guests will get up close and personal (without cages or boundaries) with elephants, giraffes, chimpanzees, wolves, lions, meerkats, skunks, rabbits, cows, rhinos, sea lions, black bears, seagulls, impalas, alpacas, worms, red-winged blackbirds, foxes, chickens, zebras, really angry birds, sharks, toucans, tigers, octopi, ostriches, gorillas and more.

"Bringing a bit of the wild into Cedar Point is something we've always wanted to do," said Jason McClure, vice president & general manager of Cedar Point. "Our rides are thrilling - but to interact with wild animals in a natural environment will give guests the added value they're looking for."

Bananas and raw meat will be available for a nominal fee for guests who'd like to kick their thrill up a notch by feeding the animals.

In addition, an all-new musical revue will entertain guests of all ages. "Stay Away From Me, You Furry Beast!" features songs from the 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's, all with lyrics pertaining to the fear of animals.

FrOnTiER FaRm is scheduled to open on November 3, 2014.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cedar Point, Gatekeeper, 2013, B&M, Wing Rider

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users