• This topic is locked This topic is locked
866 replies to this topic

#851 Daniel Westfall

Daniel Westfall

President

• Admin
  • 4,335 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

Is that random capitalization how they actually are spelling it?  That looks pretty n00bish if is.

High School and College (Undergraduate) Mathematics Tutor
Book an appointment with me today or get more information by visiting http://mathematicstutoring.weebly.com
We accept PayPal, MasterCard, VISA, Discover and Debit Cards

#852 Dwain Sponseller

Dwain Sponseller

Giga-Coaster Member

• Assistant Admininstrator
  • 306 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

Better than the tweet from Kings Island that they were opening Banshee for Early Season Ride Time today!  No Fool Me Ms Banshee!  You can take you PINK track and never come back!  If that is PINK than someone needs their eyes checked.

#853 vogelr3359

vogelr3359

Intermediate Coaster Member

• Junior Staff
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

The Gemini Midway upgrades are coming along very nice. There seems to be a lot of activity on the webcam today! No Intamin nail-biting this season!

#854 Andrew Rybarczyk

Andrew Rybarczyk

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

Pipe Scream tested today so its just a matter of time now!

Editor in Chief for COASTER-net

Coaster Count: 300

Top 5 Steel: Raptor, Maverick, Sky Rush, Iron Rattler, Banshee

Top 5 Wood: Voyage, Outlaw Run, El Toro, Phoenix, Prowler

Top 5 Parks: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure, Worlds of Fun, Busch Gardens Tampa, Knotts Berry Farm

#855 mrceagle

mrceagle

Peta-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:13 PM

Looking forward to this area opening up so I can see some trip reports and photos of the new section.

#856 Andrew Rybarczyk

Andrew Rybarczyk

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:54 AM

Another amazing event put on by Cedar Fair!  Great food, great rides, and great extras!

Here's a quick little review of Pipe Scream and Lake Erie Eagles:

The Gemini Midway looks awesome and completely refreshed.  The removal of the blacktop is really going to make a huge difference in this section of the park as there are very few trees for cover.  We didn't get to experience the new lighting package in the dark but from all appearances it looks like it going to be really cool.  I was also surprised to see that the new catapult ride is going to be located next to Gemini in the large open grassy space that is now gone.  For some reason I thought it was going to be on the opposite end of the new Midway.  Because of it, Geminis entrance and queue has been altered greatly.  

Lake Erie Eagles:  I've been on two of these rides (one at CP and one at KD) and I don't get them.  They are very thrilling from my perspective and the capacity is really really low.  This version has 8 eagles and the line seems to take forever.  I heard varying reports of the ride "snapping." Many said that it doesn't come close to carowinds or knoebels but is probably in 3rd place.

Pipescream:  This ride had some maintenance issues with it stopping in the right place in order to complete the ride cycle.  We were on the 5-6th ride cycle and it took about 5 minutes to get us out of the ride.  This happened a few more times throughout the day.  By the end of the evening it seemed to be working ok.  This ride is another low cap ride.  I estimated about 5 minute ride cycles but yesterday it was far longer.  Maybe part of that was due to media stuff but I still think its going to be a long line for most of the year.  I think the park does too because the queue line is pretty significant (longer than Windseekers and as Caine said longer than the current queue for Goliath at SFGAm).  That being said, its really a great ride.  Row one (the row all the way to the left when boarding) produces the best ride experience.  The forces produced along with all the other spinning motions are really fun.  Im not going to get into if its a coaster or not, but it truly is a great addition to the park and may be one of my favorite rides in the whole park.  If they can work out the load/unload times and keep the line moving, its going to be a huge hit.

Overall I think this addition was a great addition to the park.  The construction changes were much needed, pipe scream is an awesome ride and lake erie eagles will satisfy some of those in between kids who are too big for camp snoopy and not big enough for the big rides.  There are numerous other improvements around the park such as new restaurants, new coca cola markets and a starbucks (I didn't hear many positives about this change and it sounded like the majority didn't even frequent Starbucks).  With the addition of GateKeeper and the refresh of that area and now the refresh of Geminis midway, there aren't many places left that need refresh throughout the park.

Top 5 Parks: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure, Worlds of Fun, Busch Gardens Tampa, Knotts Berry Farm

#857 Caine Donis

Caine Donis

Kilo-Coaster Member

• Senior Staff
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:58 PM

My blog about the event should be up this weekend.

#858 vogelr3359

vogelr3359

Intermediate Coaster Member

• Junior Staff
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:20 PM

Just got my first taste of the park for the season. Didnt see any downtime except for Gate Keeper. It looked like the train was over parking and was back open by the time I got off MaXair (booooo). I have to agree with many and say the changes are great. I was very impressed with the breath of fresh air Camp Snoopy received. Its amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do. 

#859 Andrew Rybarczyk

Andrew Rybarczyk

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:59 PM

CP Rundown just posted this pic of Pipe Scream that valleyed today:

Attached File  10351970_659404057486036_2805476910450608616_n.jpg   128.04KB   0 downloads

Now if it was powered throughout the whole ride, if find it difficult that this could happen without a loss of power.  To me the more likely answer is that the ride is not powered throughout and actually "coasts" on its own for portions of the ride.  The fact that it coasts and goes over a hill = roller coaster.

#860 Andrew Rybarczyk

Andrew Rybarczyk

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

According to the Sandusky Register, Jason McClure said next years ride will be a thrill ride aimed at teenagers. Keep in mind Windseeker was billed this way. He wouldn't say if it would increase the parks coaster count. Maybe a Zumanjaro placed on TTD? I really have no idea anymore

#861 Tyler M

Tyler M

COASTER-net Dedicated Member

• Junior Staff
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:38 AM

According to the Sandusky Register, Jason McClure said next years ride will be a thrill ride aimed at teenagers. Keep in mind Windseeker was billed this way. He wouldn't say if it would increase the parks coaster count. Maybe a Zumanjaro placed on TTD? I really have no idea anymore

Well, it's possible, but they do have Power Tower already. Could we see a half coaster/half dark ride added like WMG? Not sure where they would build it though. I know there's been dark ride rumors surrounding CP for years now.

My Top 5 Steel: 1. Maverick 2. The Incredible Hulk 3. Millennium Force 4. Dragon Challenge (Fireball) 5. Diamondback
My Top 5 Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Goliath 3. The Beast 4. American Eagle (Red) 5. American Thunder

#862 Cheese-on-a-Stick Vendor

Cheese-on-a-Stick Vendor

Kiddie Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

So CP tweeted this:

Hey @KingJames - come back to the @cavs and we'll rename one of our coasters, "King James!" Ball in your court, sir. RT, #Ohio!

Dragster matches the color scheme...

Edited by Cheese-on-a-Stick Vendor, 09 July 2014 - 02:53 PM.

#863 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

Oh please don't. Nobody wants to go ride the King James Roller Coaster.

This side of eternity is short - make the most of it.

Posted Image

Coaster Count - 124 

#864 Danny Miller

Danny Miller

Peta-Coaster Member

• Assistant Admininstrator
  • 651 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

Based on the Mean Streak stuff I'm hearing, I could see them maybe re-naming it for like a media event for when (if) it gets re-done. It's a chance to sell extra merch and technically lives up to their promise.

Top 5 Steel: Manta - Apollo's ChariotBizarro - Maverick Intimidator 305
Top 5 Wood: VoyagePhoenixBoulder Dash - Gold Striker - Beast

Park Count: 69
Coaster Count: 383

#865 Daniel Westfall

Daniel Westfall

President

• Admin
  • 4,335 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

...It is the ride everyone loves to hate, so that might be fitting.

High School and College (Undergraduate) Mathematics Tutor
Book an appointment with me today or get more information by visiting http://mathematicstutoring.weebly.com
We accept PayPal, MasterCard, VISA, Discover and Debit Cards

#866 Andrew Rybarczyk

Andrew Rybarczyk

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:32 PM

Heavy hinting this morning to the new ride going by the old pirate ride by both Tony and Jason McClure. Not sure if it's a red herring though.

#867 Andrew Rybarczyk

Andrew Rybarczyk

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,250 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:14 PM

Let the games begin! https://www.cedarpoi...nks-For-The-Fun

So lets break down the rumors found inside with odds Ive created for 2015:

1.Old Pirate Ride - I think its a great starting place for a new dark ride of some sort.  Id love if they found a way to expand it by somehow taking it into the Point Pavillions that obviously have markings for some sort of work to be done. ODDS: 1:5

2. Mantis - with new paint colors being found on the far end of the track some have been speculating that it is getting a new theme or maybe even floorless cars.  ODDS 1:100

3. gatekeeper building - This is where the new haunt is going called Hexed most likely.  Zero chance of having to do with 2015.

4. CP Lagoon - I actually think that if you could start a ride between Mine Ride and Camp Snoopy that you could have athe first lift take it over to the island and house a pretty big dark ride there.  Its a new theory lately but maybe the most intriguing (maybe more than a dark ride?)  ODDS 1:25

5. Mean Streak - rumors have been swirling about MS getting the iron horse or topper track.  Interesting but with the clues thus far I dont think it looks good for 2015...maybe though for the rides 25th anniversary in 2016 though ODDS 1:75

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cedar Point, Gatekeeper, 2013, B&M, Wing Rider

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users