• Please log in to reply
1060 replies to this topic

#1051 Andrew Rybarczyk

Andrew Rybarczyk

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:27 AM

Ive always thought that a parking garage would be a good idea but Ive sort of soured on the idea of moving the park futher south.  The reason being, they just built a brand new entrance and in doing so pretty much established where the park's midway is going to start.  The only thing that elimiating parking would do is to allow coasters to start on the current midway and then shoot out south.  I suppose it could be done once or twice (GateKeeper blocks most of it off).  In any case, I could see this happening in the next 20 years but probably not in the next 5.

Editor in Chief for COASTER-net

Coaster Count: 301

Top 5 Steel: Maverick, Raptor, Sky Rush, Iron Rattler, Millennium Force

Top 5 Wood: Voyage, Outlaw Run, El Toro, Phoenix, Prowler

Top 5 Parks: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure, Worlds of Fun, Busch Gardens Tampa, Knotts Berry Farm

#1052 mrchester

mrchester

Mega-Coaster Member

• Standard Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:55 PM

I don't know the layout, but just in general for all parks I'm not sure if that would work. You wouldn't want to be able to see parking structures from the midways inside the park. cedar point is so beloved I'm not sure how people would react to something so functional that isn't fun.

Top Ten: El Toro, Kingda Ka, X2, Nitro, ShieKra, Tastu, Montu, Storm Runner, Goliath (SFMM), & Talon: Grip of Fear

nitro.jpg

#1053 CoasterCam

CoasterCam

Kiddie Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:17 PM

I'm probably the only one that feels this way, but a dive coaster is what I want Cedar Point to get the most. Especially if they are going to stay on their B&M kick. I think they could make a really good one.

I really like the idea of these signes on the fence. The main sign at the beginning all but guarantees that a new major coaster will come soon, if not 2016.

#1054 CoasterCam

CoasterCam

Kiddie Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:51 PM

By the way, that sign on the fence says, "the diverse variety of these machines," at one point.
DIVErse variety of these MACHINEs
DIVE MACHINE
I just found that to be funny, whether it was intended by the park or not. I know it's a stretch.

#1055 Daniel Westfall

Daniel Westfall

President

• Admin
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:41 PM

I think parks do a lot of things like that just to irritate the enthusiasts (things that would go over most people's heads, but it's a game to them to see how much they can try to hide codes that give us the idea we're on the right track).  I remember not that many years ago CP put out a lot of "FALSE CLUES" :)

High School and College (Undergraduate) Mathematics Tutor
Book an appointment with me today or get more information by visiting http://mathematicstutoring.weebly.com
We accept PayPal, MasterCard, VISA, Discover and Debit Cards

#1056 mrchester

mrchester

Mega-Coaster Member

• Standard Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:51 PM

They also have made fake graphics to tease their fans, or try to trick them.

Top Ten: El Toro, Kingda Ka, X2, Nitro, ShieKra, Tastu, Montu, Storm Runner, Goliath (SFMM), & Talon: Grip of Fear

nitro.jpg

#1057 Andrew Rybarczyk

Andrew Rybarczyk

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:02 PM

CP did something similar to this before GateKeeper giving a history of what stood on that space.

Top 5 Parks: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure, Worlds of Fun, Busch Gardens Tampa, Knotts Berry Farm

#1058 mrchester

mrchester

Mega-Coaster Member

• Standard Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:10 PM

Didn't kings island have fake graphics for bat to fake us out on banshee?

nitro.jpg

#1059 CoasterCam

CoasterCam

Kiddie Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:25 PM

I love when parks do things like that because it goes to show how the they truely pay attention to what the enthusiast community is talking about.

#1060 Andrew Rybarczyk

Andrew Rybarczyk

Ride Warrior

• Admin
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:09 PM

KI released a fake Bat website about a week before the announcement.

#1061 Tyler M

Tyler M

COASTER-net VIP Member

• VIP Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:24 PM

SFGAm's PR team from a couple seasons ago did similar stuff with their teasers with Goliath. They even admitted that they read up on coaster forums to gather ideas for their teasers leading up to Goliath's announcement. They did things such as having a Full Throttle energy drink in a teaser video which made a lot of people think that a launching coaster was coming. I think a lot of bigger parks now have teams that check out what coaster enthusiasts are saying so they can have some fun.

My Top 5 Steel: 1. Maverick 2. The Incredible Hulk 3. Millennium Force 4. Dragon Challenge (Fireball) 5. Diamondback
My Top 5 Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Goliath 3. The Beast 4. American Eagle (Red) 5. American Thunder

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users