77 replies to this topic

#51 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

There's a new Mexico?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:48 AM

LOAD of new things for you guys right here. At NCC yesterday, concept art of SFGAm's TDK was shown, and except for the queue, and design plans is the exact same for SFGAdvs.

Posted Image
SFGAM's design. It seems their queue will be totally indoors, while ours over at GADV will be half out and half in.

Posted Image
GADV Design plans.

Posted Image
The queue and exit plans for GADV. The Justice League store will be come the exit gift shop.

Posted Image
This entrance will be used on all three TDKS.

Posted Image

The layout for all three TDKS. Notice the words "FIRE" and "ANIMONTRONICS" as well as screen effects in the ride. Also two tunnels (one on the lift, one on the harpin turns on top).

Posted Image
The trains. They look unique and quite cool, and yes, the station is themed as the Subway in Gotham!

Posted Image
The ride layout, and the lift tunnel will be themed as going through the subway.

Now for physical updates at GADV!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Final information is the Chiller's building, queue, and Observation tower IS REMAINING as design plans show they will be staying. Just, they WILL NOT be used for the Chiller, and is their is no plan at this time for anything being used of Chiller this season.

Enjoy this update!

#52 HuLK

HuLK

COASTER-net Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:40 PM

Looks good. I'll be getting to hit SFGAM this year so this will be a nice ride to catch. Was my old home park, and now there are 2 wild mouses there so thats..err..exciting, this one looks good though, and I'll be able to ride it in the first year, before all the effects crap out and SF dosn't fix them.

Good update. Nice addition I suppose, gald its themed. I have not seen a normal wild mouse built in a while. Looks like a great family ride.
Loves God
Loves Wife
Loves Roller Coasters
Loves Life...So should you.
CC-224

#53 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,602 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:18 PM

This may still just be a wild mouse but I am actuallys tarting to get excited about this ride. The fact that SF looks to actually be putting some theming in the ride itself and not just the queue is already more than I had hoped. Looking at the proposed effets, it should be pretty cool and I love the subway cars. My only concern is that in the first picture you can see how long the have the queue. First I'm not sure that the ride will be popular enough to warant it but second, if the line does fill up, I sure wouldn't want to spen that much time waiting in it - especially for a model that has less than suberp capacity.

This side of eternity is short - make the most of it.

Posted Image

Coaster Count - 124 

#54 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

There's a new Mexico?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

This may still just be a wild mouse but I am actuallys tarting to get excited about this ride. The fact that SF looks to actually be putting some theming in the ride itself and not just the queue is already more than I had hoped. Looking at the proposed effets, it should be pretty cool and I love the subway cars. My only concern is that in the first picture you can see how long the have the queue. First I'm not sure that the ride will be popular enough to warant it but second, if the line does fill up, I sure wouldn't want to spen that much time waiting in it - especially for a model that has less than suberp capacity.

On SFGAM's plan, their WHOLE queue is seemed to be sqeezed into the building, wich give's it the appearence of being so long, but I am sure it will have a way to past it all just in case it is a walk on...

GADV's is a bit different. The switcbacks are outside, and the regular queue is inside. But if you were to unwind bot queues, both would probably equal out in length.

I also enjoy how Flashpass connects into the end of the queue before the station, like El Toro does. Let the Flashpass still pick a row, but still skip the line. ;)

And for bad news, this ride has lockers. And we all have seen how they excute lockers at Six Flags... I.E Kingda Ka. Two bucks out of my pocket.

#55 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,602 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:13 PM

I don't mind lockers - I just never bring anything that would need to go in them and I force everyone going with me to do the same. Still makes my sister kinda mad when I tell here she has to leave her epurse in the car but at the end of the day she knows its worth it.

Posted Image

Coaster Count - 124 

#56 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

There's a new Mexico?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:54 PM

I don't mind lockers - I just never bring anything that would need to go in them and I force everyone going with me to do the same. Still makes my sister kinda mad when I tell here she has to leave her epurse in the car but at the end of the day she knows its worth it.

Well Lockers isn't bad, it's Six Flags policy. With Kinda Ka, you must put ALL loose items into a locker, which is a pain! If they see you with a cell phone in line, in the locker it goes. You have a hat or sun glasses, in the locker it goes! That is why I pray The Dark Knight will be more laid back then Ka..

#57 Vater

Vater

• Elders
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:40 PM

My only concern is that in the first picture you can see how long the have the queue. First I'm not sure that the ride will be popular enough to warant it but second, if the line does fill up, I sure wouldn't want to spen that much time waiting in it - especially for a model that has less than suberp capacity.

The fact that it has less than superb capacity is the very reason the queue is long. Mice typically have the longest waits of any other coaster in just about every park that has one--even the standard ones with no effects. The only park I can think of off the top of my head that didn't have a painful wait for its mouse was Hershey, and if I recall they run theirs quite efficiently (it's also the best mouse I've ridden...no trims). All the other mice I've ridden have had significantly longer waits, even in cases like my visits to SFKK and Dorney when just about all other coasters were nearly walk-ons.

I specifically remember my trip to SFKK--we hit it early when the gates opened the day after Stark Raven Mad '03, and the mission was to spend just a couple of hours in the park to check out the park, eat, and blow through the coasters as quickly as possible before heading back home to VA. Every coaster was a walk-on, and Road Runner Express was our last coaster of the day (by this time it was right around noon). I think we waited close to an hour just for one lousy ride.

Dare I say that The Dark Knight's long queue lines are necessary, and will be utilized.
Posted Image

#58 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

There's a new Mexico?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:58 PM

One thing about this Wild Mouse model is the fact it will use Magnetic breaks, and as well will never stop moving in the station. Just like at Disney.

#59 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,602 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:16 PM

I had not heard that but that's definitely a start in the right direction. Hopefully that will equate to shorter wait times as you suggest.

Posted Image

Coaster Count - 124 

#60 Vater

Vater

• Elders
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 04:46 PM

Now that I think about it...I seem to remember Hershey's and BGE's mice had cars that kept moving through the station. Both are Mack mice, so that would possibly explain why their waits weren't excruciating.
Posted Image

#61 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

There's a new Mexico?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:54 PM

Better pictures of the train and theming!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#62 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,602 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:12 PM

Well this ride now wins the award for most pointless graffitti ever. "Ha Ha" and "Lets put a smile on that face"? Common, I know its a family ride but theres got to better something better than that to put on the walls. Still I can't complain too much as this is still more theming than I wouldhave though SF would have put on this coaster.

Posted Image

Coaster Count - 124 

#63 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

There's a new Mexico?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:59 PM

^I am guessing you have never watched a Batman movie with the Joker in it.

#64 rccrazy23

rccrazy23

Tera-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:17 PM

Finally there is a video

#65 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,602 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:59 PM

WOW! that actually made this ride look pretty good. I digured that most of the scenery would just be cutouts but with the lighting effects, they turned out pretty good. I also liked the mist effec that was in the trailer. Still, with this being SF, I wonder if they will actually ese those special effects or just be cheap and leave them off.

Posted Image

Coaster Count - 124 

#66 HuLK

HuLK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:06 PM

nah, I'm sure u will see them to an extent.

By the way, that video was by far one of the most annoying vids I have watched in a while of a coaster. Those screams.....just blah. but the rest looked really good! looks like a good family coaster to bring in some crowds for these parks. very nice!
Loves God
Loves Wife
Loves Roller Coasters
Loves Life...So should you.
CC-224

#67 CycloneMan

CycloneMan

Giga-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:02 PM

I was at the park Tuesday, and they had the Picnic Grove opened to the public, so I got some shots (using my new camcorder) of the construction site.

Posted Image
The enterance way from behind the wall

Posted Image
The locker tent

Posted Image
The beauty of long arms!

Posted Image
Trees have been added for the over flow queue (similar to Batman).

Posted Image
More trees.

Posted Image
I just want to point out, that this building isn't really as big as everyone thinks. It's actually smaller than Skull Mountain's, it's just up in your face.

Posted Image
A look, throuh the empty observatory.

Posted Image
It's actually now an invisible coaster...it's really there...I swear :P

Posted Image
It does look better with out the coaster there. I hope they do something good with it!

Posted Image
And before the flaming, this is how I got the shots. The Picnic grove was open to the pubic for "Kosher food"

-Dainan "Enjoy" Rafferty
Former Original Site Director

#68 RobM

RobM

Kiddie Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:00 PM

I'm upset with this ride now. It looks to be marvelous but I know SFI can do so much better.

#69 Wood Dragon 1988

Wood Dragon 1988

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:01 PM

^Funny that last time I checked they were massively in debt. I'm not complaining about a 7.5 million dollar Wild Mouse.

Shoot, gives me a reason to go back to Great Adventure :wub:
end

#70 RobM

RobM

Kiddie Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:46 PM

^Hahaha LMAO! Debt.

#71 coaster man extreme

coaster man extreme

Kiddie Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:55 AM

I heard a rumor that GADV was going to remove Kingda Ka next year, anyone know if this might be true?

#72 REDSKIN_MASTER

REDSKIN_MASTER

Giga-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:43 AM

^Why would they remove Kingda Ka, it doesn't have many matenince problems does it? I thought it was running better now then when it opened.Thats one of the major reasons I'm going there this year, I could have went to BGE or KD.

Two blonds are driving down I 95 to Kings Dominian. They see a sign that says "Kings Dominain Left". So they turned around and went home.
Coaster Count:89
Top 5 Overall: 1.) El Toro 2.) Maveric 3.) Apollo's Chariot 4.) Talon:Grip of Fear 5.)Phantoms Revenge

#73 coaster man extreme

coaster man extreme

Kiddie Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:55 AM

^Why would they remove Kingda Ka, it doesn't have many matenince problems does it? I thought it was running better now then when it opened.Thats one of the major reasons I'm going there this year, I could have went to BGE or KD.

I heard that they were actually removing it because of its problems. i dont know if its true. and i dont think so.

#74 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

There's a new Mexico?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:01 PM

I heard a rumor that GADV was going to remove Kingda Ka next year, anyone know if this might be true?

I've heard that rumor.. something about Ka going to Dubai. Don't worry, Ka is not going anywhere.

BTW -- the new Glow in the Park Parade is simply AMAZING! It was just as good as a Disney nighttime parade.

#75 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,602 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:25 PM

KA going to Dubai? Highly doubtful. Dubai building their own record breaking coaster, maybe 500ft and 150mph; not that might be possible know those nuts over there.

Posted Image

Coaster Count - 124 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users