203 replies to this topic

#51 The BeastFan

The BeastFan

COASTER-net Supreme Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

We'll finally soon see where these tracks will go. Shipping containers have been seen at the plant (according to Screamscape). Unpainted supports are there as well.

#52 steel-Rock

steel-Rock

COASTER-net Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:32 AM

Please God let it be a giant, twisted, wild mega and go to somewhere close like Florida or North Carolina. Amen. (I am always serious when I mention God.)

NO FEAR !!         Goliath (SFOG) Intimidator Millennium Force Leviathan Griffon

Thunderhead  Lightning Racer  Phoenix  Viper  Prowler

PARK COUNT = 53            BGW  Cedar Point  Kings Dominion  SFGAM  Canada's Wonderland

RIDE COUNT = 340            Newsboys  Switchfoot  Thousand Foot Krutch  Bride  Chevelle

#53 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:43 PM

Maybe its the rumored BGA hyper! Though I always heard that it would be more out and back than twister. In fact given the available space, it would have to be a fairly straight fringe coaster unless they took out the zoo which they will never do.

This side of eternity is short - make the most of it.

Posted Image

Coaster Count - 124 

#54 steel-Rock

steel-Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:37 PM

^ It always seems like they are doing "something" with the land behind Kumba, but I'm not sure what. They use some for concert stages sometimes.
I actually think a twister is more likely, because an out-and-back uses space in a straight line which they don't really have (unless they change the
Serengeti Plain-- I agree, that's not likely).

NO FEAR !!         Goliath (SFOG) Intimidator Millennium Force Leviathan Griffon

Thunderhead  Lightning Racer  Phoenix  Viper  Prowler

PARK COUNT = 53            BGW  Cedar Point  Kings Dominion  SFGAM  Canada's Wonderland

RIDE COUNT = 340            Newsboys  Switchfoot  Thousand Foot Krutch  Bride  Chevelle

#55 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:11 AM

I was thinking of a more "bendy" out and back. Think of SFoG's Goliath.

Posted Image

Coaster Count - 124 

#56 The BeastFan

The BeastFan

• Members
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:10 PM

There's one thing I'd like to bring up. I know Carowinds and KD are alleged to get their B&M hypers next year, but in hindsight, I don't think CF will be up to shelling out 44+ million for 2 hypers at the same time and that they'd be so close.

#57 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:11 PM

well, with the supports at KD allegedly being from Intamin, that opens up the doors for where the second set of rails is going.

Posted Image

Coaster Count - 124 

#58 greatbearrush

greatbearrush

Mega-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:57 PM

Cedar Point! Its all panning out the way the evil geniuses want it to! There was the KD fake-out, and now Cedar Point is quietly opening up little bits of space... well knowing me I'm probably wrong.
Posted Image
Thank You Vicarious Chair

#59 CPF

CPF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:52 PM

Cedar Point! Its all panning out the way the evil geniuses want it to! There was the KD fake-out, and now Cedar Point is quietly opening up little bits of space... well knowing me I'm probably wrong.

How I wish that were true. Maybe if they didn't sign that 5 coaster deal with Intamin... (unless that's a lie)

Oh well, Intamins done an amazing job with CP, it wouldn't be where it is today without Intamin. That would also be one of the biggest suprises in CP, seeing as it would be their 4th over 200 ft. That Would Be AWESOME!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#60 nolimits

nolimits

Kilo-Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:31 PM

^Completely true. One of the reasons i prefer intamin over b&m is because of their bond with CP... For years now, Intamin has been creating new records and designs for them, Id be disappointed if they were getting a B&M (although they could really use another).
Posted Image
made by Strata

#61 Shadowblur93

Shadowblur93

Kilo-Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:31 PM

I know this seems a little odd (and I am a first poster, long time reader) But there is a sliver of a chance that this may go to SFGAm, We have a large open area, which may sadly be expanded by removing Demon, and another open area that is right by the parking lot and if needed, well we know how SFI loves parking lot coasters...

But there is a chance, Plus it would be pretty cool to have a 5th B&M in the park, even with the first B&M, the first B&M Invert (heck the first looping invert!) and the first B&M Hyper Twister, and there's a thought, maybe it is a Hyper Twister since it is slightly different then a regular Hyper.

Since SFGAm has a history of being a prototype coaster park maybe this is another new idea?

Actually, I have heard the next big thing for 2010 at SFGAm (assuming the park doesn't close) is going to be a Mack Rides Launch coaster similar to Blue Fire at Europa Park. This is probably more likely because SFGAm seems to be building a strong relationship with Mack Rides over the past few years with Batman: The Dark Knight and Buccaneer Battle.

Sorry, getting off topic. So, I have heard that it could also be SW6 at Alton Towers, but wouldn't that be manufactured in B&M's Europe plant? Also, who's to say B&M isn't wowing the world with another prototype, something we've never seen before? Maybe their take on the 4th dimension coaster?
Posted Image

...and suddenly nothing was real anymore as the world turned to a blur around you as you careen over the edge of reality and into infinity.

Shodowblur93

#62 drachenfirebgw

drachenfirebgw

• Elders
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:05 PM

4D roller coasters like X2 have four rails not two; we've already established SW6 will not be a B&M thanks to the leaked designs all of over the Internet, and why would SFGAm close? Also, Six Flags isn't building any roller coaster the size of Blue Fire for a long time.

Anyways, I have a feeling the red track will be going to Carowinds, and I honestly don't have a clue where the yellow track is going. Definitely not KD, not Alton Towers (their new roller coaster is either a Gerstlauer or an Intamin due to what the leaked designs look like, however, this could change), and not a Six Flags park. I'm think the yellow track may go International because I know the Dive Coaster's track over in China (yes that is the name of the roller coaster) was produced at the Ohio plant.

2013 Agenda: Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood, and Dollywood's Splash Country.
2014 Agenda: Kings Island, Beech Bend, and Dollywood. 

2015 Agenda Speculation: Carowinds and Holiday World and Splashin' Safari.
Coaster Count: 136 - Griffon Count: 52

#63 REDSKIN_MASTER

REDSKIN_MASTER

Giga-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:54 AM

Ok, I'm sure this will get people excited but what about Hershey? We've eliminated mostly all the parks in the U.S. and this is whats left.I know its a long shot but haven't we been rumored to be getting another B&M preferably a hyper.

Two blonds are driving down I 95 to Kings Dominian. They see a sign that says "Kings Dominain Left". So they turned around and went home.
Coaster Count:89
Top 5 Overall: 1.) El Toro 2.) Maveric 3.) Apollo's Chariot 4.) Talon:Grip of Fear 5.)Phantoms Revenge

#64 Hillbilly1

Hillbilly1

Kilo-Coaster Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:48 AM

^I really hope your right.
ONLY IDIOTS HAVE SIGNATURES

#65 Brad

Brad

Peta-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:44 PM

Also, Six Flags isn't building any roller coaster the size of Blue Fire for a long time.

Well if they had already planned and purchased it (coasters take 3 years from start-finish) they can build whatever the heck they want to. They would have started it in 2007, which is back when this "recession" bull wasn't going on and they weren't bankrupt.
Posted Image

#66 The BeastFan

The BeastFan

• Members
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:47 PM

Companies can always cutback, redesign rides, and cancel any plans at any time. This bankruptcy will have a huge impact on upcoming additions throughout the chain.

#67 Brad

Brad

Peta-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:11 PM

Well for example, Paramount had plans for Behemoth. Cedar Fair continued through with the project.

I realize they can cancel... but if it's already been fabricated (and you never see anything at Mack or Intamin plants) it's kinda hard. It's like specifically ordering a car.. then saying forget it. That messes up the company, because they have something they don't need.
Posted Image

#68 drachenfirebgw

drachenfirebgw

• Elders
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:48 PM

Six Flags Inc. was purchased was made in the beginning of the 2006 season, and even at Tatsu's, Goliath's, and El Toro's Media Days, Snyder and Shapiro expressed there desire to focus on the family aspect of the parks as well as move away from the Intamin's and B&M's as I explained in the SFGAm future thread.

All roller coasters don't take three years from start to finish, many do, but all don't. Also, the Behemoth project started by Paramount Parks management I don't think was ever considered fact. It was just a rumor (like the Busch Entertainment contract with B&M regarding Dive Machines in the US).

All I'm saying is it's very unlikely a Mack, B&M, or Intamin was manufactured under previous Six Flags Inc. management, and has yet to be installed by Snyder and Shapiro (it's possibly but very unlikely). If the chain had committed to something I personally feel they would have stuck to it. However, there were only plans and nothing had been produced yet then they would have likely backed out of it because of what they wanted to do with the parks' future additions.

2013 Agenda: Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood, and Dollywood's Splash Country.

#69 Ryan Shrout

Ryan Shrout

Thrill Ride Fanatic

• Chief Elder
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:31 PM

I know that this is semi off topic as this is the 2010 thread, but I am very curious what the bankruptcy will do to SFI's plans to debut a new ride at every one of their parks for the chain's 50th anniversary. It had been previously rumored that among the new rides would be about a half a dozen roller coasters, a couple more Dark Knight installments, 2 GCI woodies, and the rumored Intamin/Mack launcher for SFGAm. As of yet I haven't heard the slightest word about SFoG getting a new coaster which slightly bothers me because they are one of the chain's top earning parks and so far has nothing to show for losing Deja Vu.

Posted Image

Coaster Count - 124 

#70 drachenfirebgw

drachenfirebgw

• Elders
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:44 PM

Well Six Flags Inc. supposedly came out with that news after they knew Chapter 11 was imminent. In fact, as soon as the economy tanked they knew it was imminent and prepared for it. I personally believe they have prepared for it so well that it will not effect future additions too much.

Snyder and Shapiro are saying it will not effect their future additions at all, and I believe them for the most part. I think it may effect the 2011-year a little bit, but not too much. This was backed up when the total 2011 budget of $110 million in additions to the parks was released a few days ago, (which had to have been created knowing the chain would soon file Chapter 11). So I feel they've had a plan to deal with this from the get go.

I know Snyder and Shapiro have never dealt with amusement parks until Red Zone's purchase of Six Flags Inc., but I will say that they know money. Everyone is freaking out because of the way bankruptcy is seen in our society today, but it's what Six Flags Inc. needed, and management knew it would happen eventually. To be honest, who really thought Six Flags Inc. was going to pull themselves out of the pit old management had dug for them? I know I didn't, and I had a strong feeling they'd file eventually.

The filing will help them reorganize their assets financially, but they were already on that when they came up with their plan to continue operations and addition normally while taking of their financial situation.

Sorry for getting off topic... but I had to reply.

#71 DBru

DBru

Tera-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:17 PM

The 'economy' is not negatively affecting Six Flags parks...it's actually helping them, seeing that people are cutting back on large vacations to destination parks such as Disney and Universal, and instead saving money by visiting local parks (like SF and CF).

For this reason, I really wish we would stop talking about this 'economy' nonsense.
-Daniel
Posted Image
Sig by Strata

#72 drachenfirebgw

drachenfirebgw

• Elders
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:50 PM

I agree with you on all of your points except the last one. Yes, the economy is helping the 'local' parks, but at the same time it is hurting the small local parks. It's hard to run a business in a recession. The economy in my opinion is having a major effect on the industry despite the fact that it may not be evident at a glance.

#73 Brad

Brad

Peta-Coaster Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:46 PM

^Which is probably why Fun Spot is selling the famous Afterburner. To keep their butts afloat.
Posted Image

#74 drachenfirebgw

drachenfirebgw

• Elders
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:53 PM

^Which is probably why Fun Spot is selling the famous Afterburner. To keep their butts afloat.

Good call there!! There are many other examples as well, but that's an excellant one. Cypress Gardens is another that I just came up with off the top of my head.

#75 HuLK

HuLK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:26 AM

both of which are sad days :( Oh well I'm glad I got to cypress when it had its nice little collection, still a pleasant place to relax on a nice day.

It is unfortunate what this economy is having on the amusement parks, but again, like it was said, Central florida is still doing alright, universal, to my surprise, as well.
Loves God
Loves Wife
Loves Roller Coasters
Loves Life...So should you.
CC-224

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users